Get well soon Dad (Dave the Gaffer) - a message to all

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Get well soon big man.
Look forward to your speedy recovery & continued sharing of your pearls of wisdom

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
never met Granny, but he's one of my favourite posters on here, get well soon!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dave. Sorry to hear that you're unwell.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Hello all. Just wanted to post some news, as word was starting to get round.

Yesterday, Dad (DtG / Granny Weatherwax) was admitted to hospital. On Wednesday night, he had become very short of breath at the football, but ignored it.

On Thursday morning, he became very short of breath again, so he went into hospital. They did some blood tests on his heart, and took him for an angiogram this morning, to see whether he had a heart attack.

These tests have come back normal, but his blood count was elevated, so he's having further tests today.

He's still in hospital, and is probably going to be in overnight. The rest of us are all fine, but obviously quite shocked! I'll try and keep you lot updated as we get any news.

Get well soon, Dad.

Ben Andrews Girlfriend, sorry to hear about your father, especially at this time of year, though there is never a good time. I know I annoy a few people on here on a few (many occasions), but everyone was there to support me when my grandson was seriously ill. We're like a typical family, we bicker but when the chips are down are there for each other.

I'm sure your father will be okay, hey our start at Falmer is now on the horizon, I'm sure thats enough to get him through. I wish you and your family a very happy new year and best wishes more importantly to your dad

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Get well soon Dave
All the best from Moya & myself

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Get well soon Granny. I hear you`re a big shouter. Withdean needs you back quick.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Hi Dave,

here's to a speedy recovery and, hopefully, it's only a minor problem that's discovered. All the family send their love and best wishes to you and to tell Karen and the girls to stay positive. Thanks to Becky for the info.

See you in B210 tomorrow? I hope so mate. If you get to the pub, I'll have a pint waiting with my rose tinted specs.

Tony.....

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
wishing you a speedy recovery Dave, for you and your caring family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports