Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get voting for Tony Bloom for The Outstanding Contribution to Sussex Award

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Voted as well. I'm sure Mr Frier has done a very good job but I struggle to see how running a successful school can be a contribution to Sussex ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Done!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
FFS , voting more than once just gets your votes taken off

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
i voted for Bloom but that has to be the most disappointing sentiment i've read on this board for a long time (including palarse fans' bullshit).

OK fair point - maybe badly put. What I was trying to point out, and quite clearly failing to do so, was that there are plenty of successful heads in Sussex ( take the Head of Patcham High School as an example ) and I'm just not sure that his achievement is any more outstanding than any other dedicated teacher or head and therefore worthy of such recognition.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
OK fair point - maybe badly put. What I was trying to point out, and quite clearly failing to do so, was that there are plenty of successful heads in Sussex ( take the Head of Patcham High School as an example ) and I'm just not sure that his achievement is any more outstanding than any other dedicated teacher or head and therefore worthy of such recognition.

I think a key point is that Head Teachers get paid very nicely for most of what they do.

So far Mr Bloom has done it for love.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here

not explaining something well? a misunderstanding? on t'internet? shurely not...

i see what you're saying but surely a head teacher winning such an award would be a nice fillip for all Sussex head teachers. would probably be nice for all of them for their contribution to society to be recognised.

of course, i will repeat that i voted for Bloom... :amex:

I think a key point is that Head Teachers get paid very nicely for most of what they do.

So far Mr Bloom has done it for love.

well, if you put it that way, i'm sure Mr Bloom will be a happy bunny when the postal order for 50 pounds drops on his doormat for being the bestest person in Sussex ever (2011).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here