Get in there

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I have just been approved to work in the US and also to travel out of the States if I need to.
This is fantastic news as it means I am now on my way to becoming a permanent resident over here and do not have the fear of being deported away from my wife and daughter:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yay.

When I was in the States I was praying to be deported!

Good for you though.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
I have just been approved to work in the US and also to travel out of the States if I need to.
This is fantastic news as it means I am now on my way to becoming a permanent resident over here and do not have the fear of being deported away from my wife and daughter:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Nice one!

Be prepared for all sorts of shenanigans at immigration the next time you enter the US though.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Nice one!

Be prepared for all sorts of shenanigans at immigration the next time you enter the US though.

Oh yes I am prepared for that but the travel document means they can not stop me now yay

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Congrats,

Just be careful though - They can more or less do whatever they like. They have the power.
Glad you are doing well though Fat Boy
Cheers bud, How was your trip to Vegas?
I know they can be pains when going through customs etc but this form I have now got is given by their bosses so I can not see them giving me any trouble :)
Say hi to the missus and the little one for me :)

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
I know they can be pains when going through customs etc but this form I have now got is given by their bosses so I can not see them giving me any trouble :)

Have you got your green card application in?

Once you have, the whole process of getting through immigration changes, as you will probably have to have a full interview with a senior immigration official each time you want to re-enter the country.

At the airport, they tend to herd all of those people in this situation together, and then make you wait for 'kin ages to see an officer. You will need pretty much every piece of documentation you have ever received from the state department on each occasion.

It can take ages to get the green card through. However, a friend of mine had such a miserable time with this (he used to fly in and out all the time, and had this problem every time) that he wrote to the Governer of New Jersey to complain, who promptly interceded on his behalf and fast-tracked the application.

Which is good to know.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Cheers bud, How was your trip to Vegas?

Alls good mate.

Vegas was superb, loved it.:yahoo:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Have you got your green card application in?

Once you have, the whole process of getting through immigration changes, as you will probably have to have a full interview with a senior immigration official each time you want to re-enter the country.

At the airport, they tend to herd all of those people in this situation together, and then make you wait for 'kin ages to see an officer. You will need pretty much every piece of documentation you have ever received from the state department on each occasion.

It can take ages to get the green card through. However, a friend of mine had such a miserable time with this (he used to fly in and out all the time, and had this problem every time) that he wrote to the Governer of New Jersey to complain, who promptly interceded on his behalf and fast-tracked the application.

Which is good to know.
When I came through last time it took 2 and a half hours of questions at the Port of Entry and that was just to stay for 3 months. Obviously that changed when I got married and applied for a 485 AOS. I think that decision will take about a year but at least I can work in the mean time.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Well done mate.Hopefully things are turning the right corner for you.Hope it works out.Don't forget to bring back some Levi's:)

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Thanks my fellow NSC buddies and trust me, I am spreading the Albion word around here and I live next door ( 10 minute walk away ) from a multi multi millionaire so hopefully I can bend his ear into giving the Seagulls a few bob :)

Oh and Algie, Levi's!!! get yourself out of the eighties and into the modern era dear boy:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports