Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get behind the manager and give him the time he needs and deserves.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Maybe he can see what Oscar is trying to do and the direction he wants to take the team in. I haven't spoken to him about the last few games to be fair. My point really is that i don't think that this seasons is the Oscar finished article, I think that we should be a little patient and give him the time he needs to get the team playing his way with the players he wants.

This is all academic though because it is not us who pulls the strings and it is up to Tony Bloom to decide how Oscar is going and if the potential is sufficient enough for him to be given more time. All this stamping of feet and tantrums about being entitled to watch exciting football and get promoted to the Premier League is just a rather embarrassing side show.

And what direction is that? It's so far from the finished article, it's an article that doesn't even look like it has started yet?

I admire your loyalty and faith, I really do. I'm just not seeing what you are, or what your are basing this on.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Barnes is on record as saying he felt he wasn't wanted.

It does make me chuckle when the OP can say he thinks nothing is wrong from half way around the world because his Dad says so.

I think that is poor and quite unfair summary of the points I have made on this thread. Glad you lack of understanding amused you though, imagine what would happen if you comprehended what i was actually saying, it would blow your mind :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fair enough, if that is your opinion but I think it is still a bit soon to come to that conclusion with the season we have had.

Sorry Badfish this is the opinion of someone that goes to matches, not someone living in Australia.

3 last games no goals, not good enough.

Dunk comes in the other week and has some good games, then gets dropped.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe he should have said that he thought he deserved a better contract offer. If he wasn't wanted surely he wouldn't have been offered any contract and still been culled.

It struck me that he was glad to go, rather than fishing for a better contract. El-Abd had been with the club for 20 years but couldn't wait to get out.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If I got behind the manager I'd kick him up the arse.

He'd probably say, I'm proud of my arse and would like to thank it for holding my sh1t. It had plenty of chances to move out the way and on another day the result might have been different.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
If I got behind the manager I'd kick him up the arse.

He'd probably say, I'm proud of my arse and would like to thank it for holding my sh1t. It had plenty of chances to move out the way and on another day the result might have been different.

He'd probably sign you up as a striker as well, cos if you managed to aim a kick at his arse and connect with it, it's more than our current crop of fvcking camels can do.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
And what direction is that? It's so far from the finished article, it's an article that doesn't even look like it has started yet?

I admire your loyalty and faith, I really do. I'm just not seeing what you are, or what your are basing this on.

I am basing it on the facts I stated in my first post, clearly I am fighting a losing battle on here.

To be honest my faith doesn't lay with Oscar as i know little about him and don't get to watch his team very often. My faith lays with Tony Bloom and I am happy that we will make the correct decisions going forward.

I just felt that there needed to be a bit of balance on here to give Oscar a bit of support and show that we aren't all of the same mindset (I accept that this failed and the thread was quickly taken over by the other side of the argument).

FWIW, I think any manager would have struggled this season and we are yet to see what Oscar can do.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think that is poor and quite unfair summary of the points I have made on this thread. Glad you lack of understanding amused you though, imagine what would happen if you comprehended what i was actually saying, it would blow your mind :)

Break down what you are actually saying then, spell it out for us please.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sorry Badfish this is the opinion of someone that goes to matches, not someone living in Australia.

3 last games no goals, not good enough.

Dunk comes in the other week and has some good games, then gets dropped.

Of course it is not good enough, but that is not the point I am making.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I seriously doubt it. I have been to every home match & half the away games this season. We look like a team of 11 strangers who haven't trained together before. We don't look like scoring a goal let alone winning a game.
I still don't buy this excuse of no preseason. Managers come to teams in relegation situations & turn it around like Sladey, Poyet , and, dare I say it, Pulis.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
I am basing it on the facts I stated in my first post, clearly I am fighting a losing battle on here.

To be honest my faith doesn't lay with Oscar as i know little about him and don't get to watch his team very often. My faith lays with Tony Bloom and I am happy that we will make the correct decisions going forward.

I just felt that there needed to be a bit of balance on here to give Oscar a bit of support and show that we aren't all of the same mindset (I accept that this failed and the thread was quickly taken over by the other side of the argument).

FWIW, I think any manager would have struggled this season and we are yet to see what Oscar can do.

Oscar is not imposing his style, tactics, personality or attacking style on the team. Drab, drab, drab all season. Time for a change.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Tbh most would have welcomed the position we're in at the beginning of the season given the summer we had. I don't think that's the issue it's the fact we are soooo sodding boring.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Mmm, I think the fact that the thread was 'taken over' as you put it should give you some idea that this is not just about 3 games.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh, and Oscar has already admitted the Championship has taken him by surprise.

I wonder if he will walk, rather than being pushed.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well I suppose time will tell if he gets it right or gets the Spanish archer.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh, and Oscar has already admitted the Championship has taken him by surprise.

I wonder if he will walk, rather than being pushed.

Or show a bit of determination, dig in and make it work. If something takes you by surprise and is more difficult that you expected I am betting that you don't just walk away. I am guessing you give it a crack

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here