Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get a grip

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
We're still top of the table approaching the end of January, yet we still have the, Gus should have done this, Gus should have done that brigade on here.

Get yourselves a reality check. Norwich lost 9 in the league last year and Leeds 10. The way this leagues going the winners may well lose a lot more.

Back the manager 100% or bugger off. Palace will have plenty of room for fickle half wits at their new stadium.

Alternatively, go and watch Crawley you can moan up there all you want.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Agree.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think some people forget that the other team wants to win the game too.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think you'll find it's the same handful of clueless morons who think they know it all. All clubs have them and it's one of the irritating aspects of following a team.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
We're still top of the table approaching the end of January, yet we still have the, Gus should have done this, Gus should have done that brigade on here.

Get yourselves a reality check. Norwich lost 9 in the league last year and Leeds 10. The way this leagues going the winners may well lose a lot more.

Back the manager 100% or bugger off. Palace will have plenty of room for fickle half wits at their new stadium.

It was a good game of football and we lost to a well taken goal from a side who, like us, wanted to win the game. It appears though that they may have wanted it just that little bit more. We can still win this league and have enough quality in the team and managerial staff to do that. We need to move on and look forward to getting the three points on Tuesday.

Go on the lads!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think there is the usual stupid reactions as we lost a game - terrible really, the 5th game we have lost this season I think (edit, just checked and 6)

I dread to think what happens if we dare to lose in March or April.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chill pill needed. I should think Huddersfield and Southampton are more disappointed with their results than we are. We lost 1-0 to the team placed in second place. We won't be playing them again but they will be playing other rivals, including a homegame against Southampton.

As for Sheffied Wednesday. Looking at the table, they are actually nearer to relegation, points wise, than promotion.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
I am neither clueless nor moronic, it was a great strike by Feeney, we were off our game, made to defend deep by the opposition, over the two games, Bournemouth have been a pain in the arse, but they've taken 4 points from us, but will not be in the mix come May. We will be, however. Life is full of 'could haves' and 'should haves', yes we should have started with Murray, who could have scored, but for an offside flag. After more than forty five years of unstinting support, we are actually on the threshold of great things. Keep the faith .

RuudvanCalderon

Dec 20, 2010
Agree totally, Bournemouth weren't a bad side and really wanted it. In hindsight perhaps we should have started Murray, but hindsight is a wonderfull thing! The players will learn from this and they will come back better and stronger, as they always do.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Let us face it - Bournemouth were the better side for much of the game at Withdean as well; it was only a piece of brilliance by KLL which gave us the lead then. You are always going to get a bogey team over a long season. A little reminder to the moaners: when we won the league in 2001-02, we were beaten by Stoke away (3-1, but they were all over us), and Brentford did the double over us, including a 4-0 defeat at Griffin Park, in which we looked like a side in the worst Wilkins period (06-07) or Adams's second time. Stoke went up yes, but Brentford didn't. We went up as champions. One thing you can say about Gus. He makes mistakes, as we all do, but he generally learns from them.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
It's awesome how well we're doing. But I don't think analysing the match and suggesting "well maybe if we did x" situations has to be necessarily negative. I'm sure Gus will be doing the same himself. I personally would have been happier to see Murray start considering his recent form, but for whatever reason he didn't and we didn't capitalise on the burst of activity when the subs were brought on. All in all though, it's still good to be top of the league and seeing as the chasers haven't taken advantage it'll be even better to increase the lead again on Tuesday!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's awesome how well we're doing. But I don't think analysing the match and suggesting "well maybe if we did x" situations has to be necessarily negative. I'm sure Gus will be doing the same himself. I personally would have been happier to see Murray start considering his recent form, but for whatever reason he didn't and we didn't capitalise on the burst of activity when the subs were brought on. All in all though, it's still good to be top of the league and seeing as the chasers haven't taken advantage it'll be even better to increase the lead again on Tuesday!
This.

This is a place for DISCUSSION - and topics like, "Was Gus right not to start with Murray?" are perfectly legitimate. It's not negative - it's called debate, and it's what fans do. (Yes, I think he should have, by the way!)

Last edited:

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Yes it wasn't the result we wanted, but with Sheffield Wed losing, Southampton losing and Huddersfield drawing. Those results went our way. We are still top, a position most of us never thought possible this time last year. Lets move on we have a tough game against Colchester on Tuesday.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove

Absolutely this.

If you want to see some seriously hacked off fans, go to this site.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=3
Yep.

They know what the answer is ...

POYET ......... THE MAN FOR THE JOB

Been brilliant for Brighton ........... big name, big profile.

Would suit us down to the ground........ defends his team and his players .... never talks up the opposition too much.

Left Leeds under a cloud after turning their fortunes around with Wise to prove he could do the job.

And he can..................... GET POYET IN FOR ME - He would jump at the chance to be manager of a BIG club who can go all the way.

I'm not sure what that's doing on a Sheffield Wednesday forum, though. A club who "can go all the way"? REALLY?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here