germany....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Some of the bars in Hamburg look well dodgy, walls stripped of paper and left bare, loads of those old gold sofas with tassalls all ripped and springs gone but all in an arty way. Loads of lovely women and the beer is good.
Graffitti everywhere and it looks a bit scummy in parts but then you get to love it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How can you do Hamburg AND Berlin in one weekend?!

Anyway, there's a fantastic bar in Hamburg you should check out - Der Blaue Papagei - they allegedly have a wider selection of beers than any other bar in the world. I know [MENTION=238]Uncle Buck[/MENTION] has been there a couple of times, I'm sure he'll be able to fill you in.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
if its a boys weekend i would give Berlin a miss and spend the extra hours in Hamburg.......only a fool would fail to have a good lads outing in that place.
Berlin is hard work!

dont always head for the biggest trendiest looking bars in Hamburg,some of the smaller grottier looking bars are actually great fun and i think you will find the hamburgers(is that what they are called?) are exceptionally friendly.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I would make World War 2 the main subject of my journey. I wasn't there, I don't know how it felt, but my granddad will not let me forget. He reminds me even if I go to Cornwall.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would make World War 2 the main subject of my journey. I wasn't there, I don't know how it felt, but my granddad will not let me forget. He reminds me even if I go to Cornwall.

Indeed. And at some point inform your new German friends that a relative died in a concentration camp, wait for a few silent and uncomfortable seconds before delivering "he fell out of a watch tower." Belly laughs all round.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Berlin and the german cup final on saturday 50,000 borussia Dortmund fans arriving from today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports