German Beer ≠ Hangover?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm pretty certain they don't put shit in their beer. As far as I'm aware, it's only university rugby teams that do this.

Egg-chasers prefer to drink aftershave rather than beer.

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Went to Oktoberfest in 2008 & 2010, drank myself silly on both occasions and had little more than 'fatigue' the following morning(s). Hit double figures on the steins (litres) last year; if I did that in the UK I would be sure to be enjoying the facilities of the local A&E. Erdinger and Pauliner are both excellent beers.

Waitrose in Worthing had Erdinger down to £1.27 a bottle last week (from £1.79), go and stock up!

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
This is an interesting thread. I feel ashamed for not studying hangovers enough while posted in Germany. We drank Grolsch mainly as it was only 25p & came in fancy bottles! However Paderborner was also freely available & I should have tried harder to study the hangover effects. Sorry & i'll try to do better in future!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
In the RAF whilst in the Father Land, we drank "Wobbly" (Warsteiner).

That stuff is equivalent to having a Rhino plonk it's fat arse on your head whilst you sleep and also do the biggest shit on your mouth you can only dream of!

Best lager ever!!

:lolol:

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
West brewery, based in Glasgow, are owned by a Bavarian, and produce according to Reinheitsgebot, known as the German Purity Law. You can find their St. Mungo beer in Waitrose.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I remember Paxton Dazo said he didn't get a hangover when he went to Bremen last season.

Most of the Polish lagers like Lech and Tyske(?) have been lethal when I've been over there. :mad:

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham

That stuff is equivalent to having a Rhino plonk it's fat arse on your head whilst you sleep and also do the biggest shit on your mouth you can only dream of!

Best lager ever!!

Possibly but its a well known fact that Sennelager is the worst lager ever!

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull

Best lager ever!!

Warsteiner - Eine Königin unter den Bieren.......literally a Queen amongst beers!! ( RAF Wildenrath 1985-1991)

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Basically, I'm heading to Reading festival in a couple of weeks, where the plan is to drink a heck of a lot over the weekend. Lately, I drink an average amount of beer or cidre in an evening, and then feel like death the next morning. I'm hoping to try and find a tipple that limits my hangover. As [MENTION=4185]its_neil[/MENTION] points out though, plenty of water will also need to be consumed.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Good quality ecstasy pills will not give you a hangover and you'll have a top night. :thumbsup:

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
QUOTE=manilaseagull;4305031]thats why the Army were based in Sennalager[/QUOTE]

Oi! Slightly harsh!! But many happy memories of my years in Germany so responding with a smile on my face.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Good quality ecstasy pills will not give you a hangover and you'll have a top night. :thumbsup:

If it's not laced with Rat Poison, you may wake up without headache but will feel like shit for a couple days!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports