Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] George Galloway MP

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Chris Williamson, his party leader, has just been on Today refusing to condemn the 7 October attacks and refusing to distance himself from Nick Griffin. The far left are just as dangerous as the far right. This lot are as bad, mad and divisive as Reform.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've been a fan of his in the past, but he is a bit of a political weirdo; he seems to inhabit some space beyond either Right or Left. And whilst that might be the case for a lot of people (those who are economically Left but culturally Right for example) he takes it to extremes. If I were a cynical sort I'd say he picks whatever position will get him the most publicity.

Sad for Rochdale that he unashamedly put their issues second, I'm not sure I'd want an MP whose admitted focus was elsewhere.

el punal

Nonsense as usual from Galloway, the Russian sympathiser.
Labour didn’t have a candidate standing, because of anti semitism, and, as previously said, withdrew their support as it was too late to change candidates.
Sir Keir Starmer doesn’t select candidates, the local Labour Party did.
I would imagine it will all revert back to the status quo come the General Election - then Uncle Georgie can jump on another bandwagon to promote himself.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Jeez - are we really going to have to pay Galloway eighty grand a year plus expenses from the public purse? Ffs
Hopefully, there will be a general election very soon so he doesn't get the full whack.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The 'Independent' candidate also polled pretty well - who was that, and what platform were they standing on?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The 'Independent' candidate also polled pretty well - who was that, and what platform were they standing on?
Which one? There were three Independents standing. William Howarth, Mark Coleman and Michael Howarth. They just about managed 1000 votes collectively.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I've been a fan of his in the past, but he is a bit of a political weirdo; he seems to inhabit some space beyond either Right or Left. And whilst that might be the case for a lot of people (those who are economically Left but culturally Right for example) he takes it to extremes. If I were a cynical sort I'd say he picks whatever position will get him the most publicity.

Sad for Rochdale that he unashamedly put their issues second, I'm not sure I'd want an MP whose admitted focus was elsewhere.
he seems consistently anti-capitalist, pro-Islam causes. normally that's not enough to get you over the line but currently, in that constituency, it is.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Which one? There were three Independents standing. William Howarth, Mark Coleman and Michael Howarth. They just about managed 1000 votes collectively.
David Tully

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Dave

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Jeez - are we really going to have to pay Galloway eighty grand a year plus expenses from the public purse? Ffs
Does he now stop claiming his Parliamentary pension now he’s back in the House?

Variation on a theme, my older brother has a flat very near the house which for a number of years he’s rented out to various MPs. In 1997 his existing tenant, a Tory MP was standing down, so when President Blair swept to power as was the drill various offices got in touch regarding a new tenancy. He ended up with a Lib Dem from the West Country, who when they met up to go through all the details told him it would only be for one term, the candidate a retired person had not been expected to win.

Come 2001 my brother got in touch to wish him well, only to be told he would be seeking a second term, it turned out once an MP has won two General Elections they qualify for the MP final salary pension.

So the moral of this story, as we all found out locally, is whatever colour their rosette is, once they get to the trough and like the taste of the water, they are all as bad as each other. 🤷‍♂️

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I had to check it was 1st March and not 1st April.

The greatest comeback since Lazarus.

Is this Labour showing their first sign of weakness or chinks in the armour?

The first issue with the Labour candidate was flagged up way before the nomination papers were even printed, all it needed was some rational decisions made at the top level, and the Labour Party would have another MP this morning.

Labour will put up a credible candidate at the GE and win by some margin.

Pick a lane, FFS Lenny! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here