Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] George Galloway MP

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
All of your bastards refusing to condemn mass slaughter, genocide and apartheid can go to f***. Ban me don’t care you’re all knobs im going out in a hour you’re all at home miserable knobs

If you're going out in an hour then you are at home too.

Does that make you a miserable knob too?

I was out when you posted but am back now. I am planning to go back out in a couple of hours. Not sure where is places me on the misery continuum.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So basically like having Piers Morgan as a neighbour who kindly lent you his patio washer ?
What is a patio washer? Is that like a high pressure hose? Referred to as a Gerni is Australia but that is a brand name.

Although mine is a Gerni so the description is in fact correct.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He definitely is. True story, I went round John Peels house in the 90s to interview him. Noel was a neighbour and he never invited him round again.
Hang on who never invited who?

And were you the reason?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What is a patio washer? Is that like a high pressure hose? Referred to as a Gerni is Australia but that is a brand name.

Although mine is a Gerni so the description is in fact correct.

I've got a Karcher, lovely bit of kit. I used to lend it to my neighbour all the time although he was a bit of a dick.

They used to hoover the outside of the house with a Henry.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've got a Karcher, lovely bit of kit. I used to lend it to my neighbour all the time although he was a bit of a dick.

They used to hoover the outside of the house with a Henry.
Yes I looked at the Karcher but there was a deal on the Gerni. They are fantastic.

I lent mine to my neighbour who returned it with a look of glee on his face and said 'can I borrow it again, not sure what for but that was great.'

He cuts his lawn with a whipper snipper, often and loudly. Didn't take up my offer to borrow my lawnmower.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hang on who never invited who?

And were you the reason?

John Peel invited me to his house and after the interview got onto the subject of Noel.

As you ask, I was with an ex-taxi driver called Terry who was so impressed with John he offered him the use of his brothers caravan in North Wales at a discount price.

John politely declined.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
John Peel invited me to his house and after the interview got onto the subject of Noel.

As you ask, I was with an ex-taxi driver called Terry who was so impressed with John he offered him the use of his brothers caravan in North Wales at a discount price.

An accolade that I am sure sits amongst his awards with pride I am sure. Did he take him up on the offer? (sorry just noticed the last sentence on your post).

But was it Noel who never invited John again or the other way round.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
All of your bastards refusing to condemn mass slaughter, genocide and apartheid can go to f***. Ban me don’t care you’re all knobs im going out in a hour you’re all at home miserable knobs
Go straight to the Fridat Night Drinking Thread, do not pass the loo, do collect some Asprins.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
An accolade that I am sure sits amongst his awards with pride I am sure. Did he take him up on the offer?

But was it Noel who never invited John again or the other way round.

John invited Noel.

I touched his Live Aid pass.

Peel was a very depressed individual. His house was full of C90s cassettes (bin bags full) that he didn't have time to listen to. The famous pictures of his record collection don't do justice.

There were multiple copies of the same records because different people would send him the same one just to try and get it on the radio.

I'm convinced he was suffering from a form of OCD about listening to new music, made worse by people sending him new music. Stacks of it.

Since John has passed it's safe now to say his answer to "what was Noel was like ?"

C####

I'll PM you the full story at some point :)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
John invited Noel.

I touched his Live Aid pass.

Peel was a very depressed individual. His house was full of C90s cassettes (bin bags full) that he didn't have time to listen to. The famous pictures of his record collection don't do justice.

There were multiple copies of the same records because different people would send him the same one just to try and get it on the radio.

I'm convinced he was suffering from a form of OCD about listening to new music, made worse by people sending him new music. Stacks of it.

Since John has passed it's safe now to say his answer to "what was Noel was like ?"

C####

I'll PM you the full story at some point :)
I would love the full story. Including Terry's involvement if you would.

I can imagine that John Peel felt an enormous responsibility to listen to all those tapes and a concern that amongst them was the next Smiths/JoyDivison/etc. Lots of pressure.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
More than naïve. Pathetic! Left wing attacks on labour, as per usual. Thatcher stopped councils spending what they like and sending the bill to HMG.

We have a poor givernment that has done great harm in the last 14 years. And yet elements on the left seem more concerned about the possibility of (the traitor) Starmer becoming PM.

f***ing weird, as well as pathetic.
I disagree rather with your comments about Sunak - I don’t think his opportunism in response to the Rochdale by-election is either the response of a leader in control or has any integrity whatsoever - he is stoking Islamophobia the way his ex-Home Secretary did. Arrests at pro-Palestine protests in London attended by millions of people last year resulted in just 36 charges – despite attempts by senior politicians to label them as “mass extremism” and “openly criminal”. There have been more people convicted as a result of environmental campaigns last year than those on peace marches. Between October and the end of December, there were only 153 arrests – with the majority of people, 117, being released without charge despite the draconian measures introduced by Braverman to restrict the freedoms on protesting.

As for the attacks on Starmar/Labour, Biden is coming under similar attacks for his stance on Gaza - in both incidences, the risk is the potential impact on political support. Labour and Democrat support seems blind to the fact, that Sunak and Trump have similar stances, This is much more serious for the Democrats than it is for the Labour Party though, it would take a massive swing away from Labour to make any kind of dent in Starmar‘s popularity in the Country compared to Sunak’s as you know.
Ok, clearly can’t see the truth if it hit you in the head.
Tell your rapist mates to return the hostages and the bombing will stop. You are probably the kind of guy who thinks the UNRWA did a wonderful job
It’s this kind of ridiculous, uninformed level of debate that turned people off reading and participating in the Israel Hamas thread;

UNRWA do an essential job in the region and have done for many years - it has been the main provider for humanitarian aid in Gaza since it has been under blockade by Israel since 2007.

18 Countries have suspended funding because of Israeli allegations that 12 workers (out of the 10,000 assigned to the Gaza field office) were involved in the 7/10 massacre. Those workers were immediately sacked and the UN began an investigation. After March, that aid to Gaza will start to dry up at a time where nearly 2 million Gazans are in food crisis. Although the UN/UNRWA have an independent investigation taking place, Israel are not cooperating or providing evidence to back up their allegations. All there is at the moment is IDF propaganda and Israel’s typical anti-UN rhetoric to discredit UNRWA - Israel believes UNRWA is perpetuating refugee camps in Gaza so have an agenda to get UNRWA disbanded. In some respects this is true, without the work of UNRWA the refugee camps would probably collapse and there would be a humanitarian catastrophe of mammoth proportions. It is also true that Hamas has Gazan citizens under tight control and have siphoned off aid meant for civilians for many years and resold it to buy arms - UNRWA operate in extremely difficult circumstances where the administration and control of the area is under control of groups of competing terroist groups who do not put the welfare of the civilians first. But who would be responsible for providing aid, education and health for destitute Palestinians refugees if Israel got it’s way and disbanded UNRWA? The alternative to providing indefinite aid to Gaza would be to lift the blockade in the first instance and enable them to be self -sufficient in the long term but the Israeli Government do not want that.

The Americans had low confidence that UNRAW workers were involved.

Great interview on CNN Amanpour

I’m still not sure this is the appropriate thread to start another long heated debate about the war in Gaza but if this is where it is now at …. 🤷‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here