Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Boyd to join with CMS???

zamoraace

Jan 3, 2009
Hi, maybe mentioned before but just noticed an article on skysports that says an unnamed club has made a bid for George Boyd that has been accepted.. The club mentioned was Burnley but could it be Brighton?? Just wondered peoples opinions..Also heard from a friend of mine working in the community programme that we are in talks to do a loan deal for a player at Spurs.. I dont believe it to be Keane or anyone but would not tell me more... grrrr. although read here again that Cudicini is a possible spare part and would be a great loan even if just for 3months...

Cheers

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
My mate mentioned that we could be in for Boyd at the Amex yesterday. Would be a great move if true.

Still need a defender though. After yesterday, wouldn't say no to Cudicini either (can't see it happening to be honest)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Boyd would be a terrific signing for us. If true, my money would be on us making the play-offs.

zamoraace

Jan 3, 2009
Agreed. The link up play between the 2 with previous understanding could be really beneficial to the team and after the way we conducted the transfer of CMS I can see Peterborough being happy to do the deal with us. I agree we do need a solid defender that has a bit of speed as that is my main concern albeit against premiership forwards we did look slow.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Isn't he a winger though, perhaps he's versatile and can play in midfield? He is certainly a fine player and he's got flair.

D

Deleted member 18477

boyd
jake livermore on loan from spurs
new keeper

not sure we need a new centre back. Dunk looked good on sat.

zamoraace

Jan 3, 2009
Boyd would be a terrific signing for us. If true, my money would be on us making the play-offs.

maybe this axe threat is over Will Buckley and maybe like Mark Wright we may look to offload him straight away and Boyd may be the replacement??? Not sure as always speculation but I do think if we got Boyd as well we would certainly be in the mix.:)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I really can't believe we would already be looking to offload Buckley. It's far too soon for that. I've little doubt that it's Brezovan for the chop. He looks anything but a safe pair of hands.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It would be awesome if we could get the Boyd-CMS combo at the Amex. Just as long as we don't get Joe Lewis as our new keeper! ;-)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jesus how on earth would we want to sell Will Buckley already

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If Boyd goes then Posh could be the laughing stock of the Championship.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Burnley or Brighton? Surely a no-brainer?

zamoraace

Jan 3, 2009
boyd
jake livermore on loan from spurs
new keeper

not sure we need a new centre back. Dunk looked good on sat.

Yes Dunk looked really good on Saturday and to me should have got man of the match and good shout on jake Livermore as he seems a real livewire. I do though feel that our midfield surprised me as it looked much better than I thought it would and going forward we looked dangerous but just concerned at the back and we certainly need a quality second goalie if not a possible no 1 as I dont know why as even though Casper was fine I just felt a little bit nervous with him at times and as for Peter well what can I say lol...

zamoraace

Jan 3, 2009
Jesus how on earth would we want to sell Will Buckley already

Not saying I agree at all with getting rid of Will Buckley as sure he has lots of potential but just trying to read between lines as seems to be common from comments on here and from what people say was mentioned on Saturday that he has not settle in as quick as had been hoped but I would hoppe we give him a chance. What I can say is it certainly has never been so exciting to be a fan of this club and what an emotional day Saturday was!!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
@Fourth_Official: Burnley are also the 'unnamed' club who have met Peterborough United's asking price for George Boyd #PUFC #Twitterclarets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here