Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Genuinely underrated/forgotten footballers who were class

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Peter Beardsley he was one of the football players when I watched MOTD after getting home from my shift at Ritz video that I would have loved to have playing for the Albion. Zola was another but I don’t think he was underrated/ forgotten.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
That`s just plain embarrassing,i honestly believed he was Welsh:facepalm: Revie ruined England`s chances of a second world cup,apparantly wouldn`t pick players like Stan Bowles because of his long hair,or Frank (gotta love the guy) Worthington because of his social life,shoulda been Cloughie.

Or Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dave Thomas ,little Welsh left wing wizard he with the socks round his ankles ,played for Q.P.R. ,absolutely loved to watch him play , can you imagine a new model of him with us know ?

The little Welsh winger was Micky Thomas who - coincidentally - was also underrated.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Peter Osgood

A good old fashioned target man but very skilful. Should have made more of his career.

As should Stan Bowles and Rodney Marsh, all three playing far too little for England

Fruitnut Le Tissier too

Which reminds me, has anyone mentioned Tony Currie on this thread?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As should Stan Bowles and Rodney Marsh, all three playing far too little for England

Fruitnut Le Tissier too

Which reminds me, has anyone mentioned Tony Currie on this thread?

Me in post #7.

Hudson, Currie, Worthington, Marsh, Bowles, Right Wing Loon Le Tiss, are always mentioned as being entertainers cheated out of England caps.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Juan Román Riquelme

When football becomes art.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here