General Photography thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
There a loads of Humming Bird Hawk Moths were I am at the moment. I've taken about 100 photos of the little beggars, and finally got one in focus!
I'm loving this macro photography and seem to be leaning towards insects for some reason.

Attachments

• DSC_1078 bNSC.JPG
    DSC_1078 bNSC.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 317

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
There a loads of Humming Bird Hawk Moths were I am at the moment. I've taken about 100 photos of the little beggars, and finally got one in focus!
I'm loving this macro photography and seem to be leaning towards insects for some reason.

Great shot, macro photography is really tricky but great when you get it right. I wish I had more time to dedicate to practising it.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006

Excellent photo.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
What an amaizing photo Gray. Don't think you'll get much better than that !!!
Game on! How's this? There was a large squashed lizard with a fly on it. I'm getting a bit Damian Hurst!!
You haven't done bad there yourself.
PS Did you get my email?

Attachments

• DSC_0964 edit NSC Fly.JPG
    DSC_0964 edit NSC Fly.JPG
    378.2 KB · Views: 380

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
You haven't done bad there yourself.
PS Did you get my email?

Haha, yeah got your email mate, work looking bloody fab and everyone working their nuts off in this heat. Got loads done but wont spoil the surprise until you get back next week.

Hope you're having a good time and haven't had too much time to think !!!!! lol

see you soon fella

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
nice, is this in Sussex?
The Aveyron area of France. It's the most beautiful countryside I've ever seen, and the birds, butterflies, bees and other insects are in total abundance, along with lizards, bullfrogs, weird moths and all sorts.
Thoroughly recommend this area if you're into your fauna and flora.
We've visited all the "Frances Beautiful Villages" within an hour's drive from our gite, which is a 2 minute drive from Najac.
Whilst I'm at it, here's another creature!

Attachments

• DSC_1018 edit NSC Lizard.JPG
    DSC_1018 edit NSC Lizard.JPG
    323.7 KB · Views: 345

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Haha, yeah got your email mate, work looking bloody fab and everyone working their nuts off in this heat. Got loads done but wont spoil the surprise until you get back next week.

Hope you're having a good time and haven't had too much time to think !!!!! lol

see you soon fella
Looking forwards to my surprise! Yes, I've done lots of thinking. The same thing happens every time I go on holiday. You know what that means?!!

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow

Only my second attempt so don't laugh.

Funny goings on bottom right corner at 1:12.

Make sure you click on the you tube icon and watch in HD :thumbsup:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Only my second attempt so don't laugh.

Funny goings on bottom right corner at 1:12.

Make sure you click on the you tube icon and watch in HD :thumbsup:

Haha,

U
F
O

:mad:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
A few taken n the rockery this week.....not the best photo but does anyone know what this is ? (Jack Straw?)

Speckled wood

think this is a type of Bee Fly, there's loads of them hovering around, defending their little patch

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
A few taken n the rockery this week.....not the best photo but does anyone know what this is ? (Jack Straw?)

Speckled wood

think this is a type of Bee Fly, there's loads of them hovering around, defending their little patch

The orange butterfly looks like a Large Skipper. Don't know Bee Flies I'm afraid. Just come back from the Rockery after taking Og around. He says it's looking fantastic. You can't argue with that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports