Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Freedom of Panorama

https://www.change.org/p/european-p...erm=des-md-action_alert-no_msg&fb_ref=Default

Freedom of panorama (FOP) is a provision in the copyright laws of various jurisdictions that permits taking photographs and video footage and creating other images (such as paintings) of buildings and sometimes sculptures and other art works which are permanently located in a public place, without infringing on any copyright that may otherwise subsist in such works, and to publishing such images.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_panorama

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
https://www.change.org/p/european-p...erm=des-md-action_alert-no_msg&fb_ref=Default

Freedom of panorama (FOP) is a provision in the copyright laws of various jurisdictions that permits taking photographs and video footage and creating other images (such as paintings) of buildings and sometimes sculptures and other art works which are permanently located in a public place, without infringing on any copyright that may otherwise subsist in such works, and to publishing such images.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_panorama

That is why I gave a reference of who it was and where it was situated. The sculptor is unknown...yes I do know about references thankyouverymuch

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Damn forgot the speed trials were this weekend :(

Yeah, currently got it sitting on a D810

Going back to the Chernobyl exclusion zone, mainly for a bit "Urbex" photography, could have done with going wider a couple of times than my 24-70 would allow

Cost me £890, have you bought one yet? If not you're welcome to have a go with the lens

That's a very good price. Thanks for the offer of having a go. If ever you're going to Brighton seafront, PM me in advance and perhaps we could have a meet?

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
just used my new accessory for the first time and a trial photo from my bedroom window, I know its not to good but I could most probably get some good photos using it.

DSC_0073 resized.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
My take on the Ace Cafe Reunion on Madeira Drive today.

Attachments

• Ace Cafe Reunion Brighton 13.9 NSC.jpg
    Ace Cafe Reunion Brighton 13.9 NSC.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 352
  • Ace Cafe Reunion Brighton Exhaust NSC.jpg
    Ace Cafe Reunion Brighton Exhaust NSC.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 273
  • Ace Cafe Reunion Brighton Wheel NSC.jpg
    Ace Cafe Reunion Brighton Wheel NSC.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Ace Cafe Reunion Brighton Orange Harley NSC.jpg
    Ace Cafe Reunion Brighton Orange Harley NSC.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 441

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Saw this on Madeira Drive last Sunday. This chopper had the loveliest looking engine I've ever seen.

Attachments

• Chrome Chopper Engine NSC.jpg
    Chrome Chopper Engine NSC.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 395

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
For years, i've been trying to phoograph my aquarium fish with minimal success. Following a chat with Jack Straw this week, i googled it and found an on line tutorial.

It said to set the dial to "M" and have auto ISO. Shutter speed set to 30 ??? and f5.6.

The usual problem with this is getting enough light in with a fast enough shutter speed to stop the fish blurring.

I should've used a tripod but can't find it so this is done by hand.

Took around 12 pics and this was the best. Need to sort the focusing out as it's a bit blurred but quite happy for a first effort in a pretty dimly lit aquarium

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
For years, i've been trying to phoograph my aquarium fish with minimal success. Following a chat with Jack Straw this week, i googled it and found an on line tutorial.

It said to set the dial to "M" and have auto ISO. Shutter speed set to 30 ??? and f5.6.

The usual problem with this is getting enough light in with a fast enough shutter speed to stop the fish blurring.

Took around 12 pics and this was the best. Need to sort the focusing out as it's a bit blurred but quite happy for a first effort in a pretty dimly lit aquarium

Lovely fish. I used to keep Oscars back in the day. Sigh.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Do you want to buy my tripod?!!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
My take on "Brightona", the big motor bike event on Madeira Drive today.

Attachments

• Crash Helmets NSC.jpg
    Crash Helmets NSC.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 312
  • Petrol Tank 2 NSC.jpg
    Petrol Tank 2 NSC.jpg
    691.3 KB · Views: 237
  • Petrol Tank NSC.jpg
    Petrol Tank NSC.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 235
  • Chrome Engine NSC.jpg
    Chrome Engine NSC.jpg
    536.7 KB · Views: 314
  • Scooters & Mod NSC.jpg
    Scooters & Mod NSC.jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 233
  • Skull Bike NSC.jpg
    Skull Bike NSC.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 236

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Got a new camera yesterday and quite proud of this one for a first effort with it.

sambnets.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here