Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Anyone tried clip-on lenses for their phones?
I have a full-frame Canon 6D Mk2 which is great when I'm in the mood to make day of it, but sometimes I just want something simpler for out and about.
My iPhone 12 is pretty good, but very limited for macro (flower) and telephoto (landscape) shots, so I wondered about something like these:
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TP...olid=24FFFGTRZD5ZP&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T2...colid=24FFFGTRZD5ZP&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1 (reckon they've used one of Neon Light's kingfisher shots there!)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Dicksonia antarctica this evening. Love this time of year when the croziers (nascent fronds) unfurl.

DSCF5412.JPG

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Which snipping tool is that JS? I can't seem to find it on here.

I use a laptop and not a phone, so if you are too, if you click on the windows symbol (bottom left corner), it's in the list under "s" - the scissor icon. Hope that's helpful?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I use a laptop and not a phone, so if you are too, if you click on the windows symbol (bottom left corner), it's in the list under "s" - the scissor icon. Hope that's helpful?

Ah, ok, thanks JS. I think I misunderstood. I thought it was a tool available on NSC when posting.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
P1000636.JPG

Blood full moon last night on the Lumix TZ200.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
View attachment Strike JPEG low.jpg

Ok, got this one amongst a few last night but this is the 'money shot' one. Sadly covered in rain spots etc....and my PS skills are frankly rubbish. Had a go last night with spot heal and clone etc but made it look worse! :)

Anyone here able to take a look and maybe try and rescue it? This is a low lev JPEG but can email the RAW file over if needed. Happy to make a contribution to REMF if any one can sort it? Also the raindrop dead on on top of the tower seems to 'magnify' it somewhat so happy for that to stay.

TY for any help/assistance anyone can give & hope it isn't beyond 'saving'......

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
View attachment 148008

Ok, got this one amongst a few last night but this is the 'money shot' one. Sadly covered in rain spots etc....and my PS skills are frankly rubbish. Had a go last night with spot heal and clone etc but made it look worse! :)

Anyone here able to take a look and maybe try and rescue it? This is a low lev JPEG but can email the RAW file over if needed. Happy to make a contribution to REMF if any one can sort it? Also the raindrop dead on on top of the tower seems to 'magnify' it somewhat so happy for that to stay.

TY for any help/assistance anyone can give & hope it isn't beyond 'saving'......

Go on then, send it over. The raw file obviously. PM sent

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'd leave it as is, rain is all part of the fun!

I agree. The rain gives it an added dimension.

For my money there is a place for those perfectly pristine lightning shots, but to work they have to be perfectly proportioned etc.
[MENTION=21056]Smirko[/MENTION] I was going to suggest a slight crop but the flare and light on the right add some balance to the composition, and the overall effect is closer to what it actually felt like last night. Love it!

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton

For my money there is a place for those perfectly pristine lightning shots, but to work they have to be perfectly proportioned etc.
[MENTION=21056]Smirko[/MENTION] I was going to suggest a slight crop but the flare and light on the right add some balance to the composition, and the overall effect is closer to what it actually felt like last night. Love it!

Good point, will have to see what a 'fixed' image looks like to see if its too 'sterile' or takes something away from the image. Might have to print both versions up!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I liked the spectral flare on the left as well (is that a word? it is now!)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
View attachment 148008

Looks pretty damn perfick to me. FANTASTIC shot! :clap2:

(IMHO you would only diminish the shot by overlaying it with photo editing tricks)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
View attachment 148008

Great effort regardless. :bowdown:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
View attachment 148008

I really like this shot. Think the raindrops on the lens actually give it atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here