GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 18.26.53.jpeg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Even if none of them match your political views?

I shall be doing what i normally do at Elections, not voting
Then you sir are part of the problem

None of them match my views exactly, but several are close, and several are miles away, so it's not a hugely difficult choice to at least try and make a difference.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Vote for Bottomley, get Sunak, Braverman, Rees-Mogg, Patel, Rwanda, Government backhanders, Covid parties, narcissism, dishonesty, high taxes, low investment, economic incompetence, hugely increased cost of living, etc etc

Much as I'm sure he's lovely, even you have to admit, that's quite a lot to offset Lenny ???
But you know and I know, Labour are going to win regardless of Sir Peter holding Worthing West, but I will be far happier for at least the first 5 years of ’The Wonderful World of Sir Keir’ if he’s still representing the people (well at least half of them) of the town I love. 🤷‍♂️

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I didn't say entertaining. I said least dull. Even John "election expert" Curtice has described them as "dull as dishwater".
I would like to be inspired. Is that too much to ask?

In British politics? I fear so. Charismatic individuals in politics are largely used to lie attractively.

For my tuppenceworth, look instead for policies that seem sensible, and beware of those trying to make you angry about matters that don’t directly affect you.

E.g. if you can’t get a doctor’s appointment, your local water company is spewing raw sewage into your local rivers and streams, and your families income has stagnated over the past twenty years, don’t allow yourself to get distracted or worked up about other people’s pronouns.

I don’t want or need my government to be inspiring, flashy or avant-garde, I just want competence and honesty to a political standard. (a lower bar than actual honesty, but higher than the incumbent government has given us)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Even if none of them match your political views?

I shall be doing what i normally do at Elections, not voting

That's fine, it's effectively a vote for the current incumbent (which I suspect was what you wanted, so all good) :thumbsup:

Last edited:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I reside in Eastbourne which is full of Tory wan*ers, voted for Labour my whole life until 2017 election when I tactically voted LibDem in the end successfully, removing the Tory, only for the LibDem winner to go against his parties manifesto pledge and back Brexit after being voted in…. The dirty pillock. Labour have virtually no hope of a win here so will have to hold my nose again and vote for the LibDem candidate, he is a local councillor and does seem to be an ok guy who has been active in our local community here. At least it should ensure the Tory Caroline Ansell is shown the door, this time hopefully for good.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But you know and I know, Labour are going to win regardless of Sir Peter holding Worthing West, but I will be far happier for at least the first 5 years of ’The Wonderful World of Sir Keir’ if he’s still representing the people (well at least half of them) of the town I love. 🤷‍♂️

To be fair Lenny, I have also met lots of nice caring and hard working conservatives over the years. Unfortunately they have all now left the party or are refusing to stand again under this current Conservative leadership.

But maybe Peter hasn't noticed what has happened to his party, or is just an extremist outlier battling against the main drive of the current party :wink:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
In British politics? I fear so. Charismatic individuals in politics are largely used to lie attractively.

For my tuppenceworth, look instead for policies that seem sensible, and beware of those trying to make you angry about matters that don’t directly affect you.

E.g. if you can’t get a doctor’s appointment, your local water company is spewing raw sewage into your local rivers and streams, and your families income has stagnated over the past twenty years, don’t allow yourself to get distracted or worked up about other people’s pronouns.

I don’t want or need my government to be inspiring, flashy or avant-garde, I just want competence and honesty to a political standard. (a lower bar than actual honesty, but higher than the incumbent government has given us)
So more of the same with a different, hopefully more honest, leader. What would you say to a 19 year old whose only response to being told that there is a general election was "what is the best way to spoil a ballot paper?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here