[Politics] General Election 2019 "up all night" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Results Tonight

How late do you intend to battle on tonight watching the events unfold ? I intended to go to bed at mignight for the Euro elections and went to bed at 5.30 am. If tonight turns into a rollercoaster it could be an exciting watch. We will know by 1 - 2 am if any major shocks are unfolding. Reckon I will battle on to 1 am atm

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How late do you intend to battle on tonight watching the events unfold ? I intended to go to bed at mignight for the Euro elections and went to bed at 5.30 am. If tonight turns into a rollercoaster it could be an exciting watch. We will know by 1 - 2 am if any major shocks are unfolding. Reckon I will battle on to 1 am atm

#TeamGetUpEarly.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Kipping 6.30 p.m. to 12.30 a.m. and then intend to do 12.30 - 5 a.m. ish and grab an hour or so before I head to work.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably 11.30. I stayed up all night the first time Mr Tony won. There were some lovely moments, including the look on Stephen Twigg's face when he realised he'd created the Portillo Moment :lolol.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Intend to stay up as long as possible, or the result becomes inevitable. Will probably wake up on the couch though at some point.

SAC

May 21, 2014
10.01pm, that will do...

Me too. Exit polls have been pretty reliable and from then on I suspect I will just become more depressed. Still, suspect that there will be another election in 18-24 months.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Me too. Exit polls have been pretty reliable and from then on I suspect I will just become more depressed. Still, suspect that there will be another election in 18-24 months.

Trump has lied and lied, but they don't have Brexit and have a strong economy, he gets away with it.

For Johnson he will get exposed almost immediately and no where to hide and a weak economy. Gonna be tough for those have bought yet another dud batch of snake oil and realised they were conned again

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Or Johnson himself.

I momentarily thought you were using 'Johnson' as a verb there :lolol:

Johnson lose his seat? If only I hadn't led such a sinful life I wouldn't feel that that would be so much far far more than I deserve.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've scanned it and can't seem to find any mention of crisp and savoury snack consumption, so I'm a little bit disappointed.

I’ve literally just decided I’m going for cheese. If anything will get me through to the wee hours, cheese will. #cheese

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Wild kind of look to the day,
Opening eyes impale neon flickers
She moon she turning away,
The city's her slave but he's cheating his mistress

She's moody and grey,
She's mean and she's restless (so restless)
All over you as they say
Rumours or rivals yell at the strike force

Hi guys, by the way, are you aware you're being illegal
It's making your savior behaviour look evil
Excuse my timing but say,
How d'you fit in with this flim, flam and Judy

Maximum big surprise your smile is something new
I pull my shirt off and pray,
We're sacred and bound to suffer the heatwave
Pull my shirt off and pray we're coming up on re-election day

https://youtu.be/4W5aKwrsYIM

Love that song. The whole Arcadia album is brilliant. Unfortunately Le Bon is a lefty...

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Has it? I thought Tim Loughton is nailed on to get in regardless of tactical voting.

His majority was cut to 5,000 at the last election, he must be worried he gave me a jelly baby earlier today I said can I have a red one quick as a flash he said there's loads of red ones as no one is taking them! Git!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How accurate were exit polls last 2 elections ?

And the one before wrongly predicted a hung parliament.

“But if the exit poll predicts a Conservative majority of 30 or more, the final result is very unlikely to be a hung parliament. Anything short of that means that we cannot be sure of the outcome, and will have to stay up all night to find out.” Indy.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Yes! Love Election night! From the Exit Poll reveal at 10pm through for as long as I can stay awake followed by sleep on the sofa with the tv on and waking up to the next few seats results, followed by more sleep and the cycle goes on until there’s a result. Always an interesting night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is normally how my election nights seem to go.

My wife says she is going to bed early, the misery.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I always intend to stay up all night, but by about 5am get really tired. Channel surfing helps me to keep interested throughout. A lonely business, I’ve never had company on election nights, my family sleeping as normal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I always intend to stay up all night, but by about 5am get really tired. Channel surfing helps me to keep interested throughout. A lonely business, I’ve never had company on election nights, my family sleeping as normal.

That's pretty much exactly me too.

I just commented at home about how, normally, it will be getting light and the birds will be starting to sing. I'll be majorly wilting and turn in for 2-3 hours sleep. However, it will be dark throughout for this one.

I'm meeting [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] in the pub for a few beers and to watch the big exit poll reveal and the immediate fallout of that, so I'll not be joining the party here until a bit later.

Play nicely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here