Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not heard of Kantar before but they've just polled the Tories at 48% and Labour at 24%. Also say that only 1 in 7 young voters say they will definitely vote.

[tweet]859885175307726856[/tweet]

But can we believe anything the pollsters say anymore????

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
But can we believe anything the pollsters say anymore????

One would hope that the pollsters have better methodology in the wake of the last couple of elections but if not then all recent general election polls have erred in favour of Labour and I think it's nigh on impossible every polling company to have got their data so wrong that the Tories true support isn't somewhere in the 40s.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Us remoaners had 20 odd years of anti EU propaganda, from right wing Tories, UKIPpers, and the Tory press, you've only had a year(so far), get used to it, we're not going away.

When I say 20 plus years, it was almost certainly longer, however, as it was the same old nonsense all the time, I stopped counting

You dont have to go away,but some need to realise we are actually leaving and get used to that.

On the plus side for remainers in 20 or 30 years time there will be sufficient data on Great Britain to formulate a rational opinion on whether leaving the EU has been in the national interest.
If it hasnt and if The EU still exists in 30 years time you will have a reasonable case to propose joining The EU through a referendum. Good luck with that.

Personally i wont give a toss by then, i suspect i will be dead, but at least i would have died free from that vile institution.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Oh, I thought all you leavers think that we are headed for some kind of modern utopia, wher all trade is free, all movement of across borders is restricted , and, we all get exactly the Government we voted for, oh , and we get our country back.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I didn't agree with the leave vote, I did post on the other huge long thread that if anyone thought the EU, would let us walk away with everything we wanted they were living in cloud cuckoo land.
I was shot down, and told, no, the EU needs us far more than we need them, they export much more to us, than we export to them, ergo, we'll get a sweetheart deal from them.

It doesn't appear that it will work out like that, I'm not praying for failure, I have too much to lose, I'm praying that the EU takes pity on us, cos if they don't, we're ****ed.

Really, Barnier, Verhoffstadt and Junkers is the best that the EU can put up. Can you imagine how much pressure the Germans are exerting on their EU subordinates in order to scupper a deal. I don't pity us, quite the reverse, the 27 will eventually splinter.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oh, I thought all you leavers think that we are headed for some kind of modern utopia, wher all trade is free, all movement of across borders is restricted , and, we all get exactly the Government we voted for, oh , and we get our country back.

Turn that frown upside down Mr Grumpy. I hope this puts a smile on your face because it made me grin.

veauc4.jpg

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015

Can any extreme remainer please put into reasoned intellegent argument their passion for the EU?

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Like I said the EU has form in getting involved in other countries business. They hate real democracy.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Had we not had the financial meltdown in 2008, that (hardly) anyone saw coming, who's to say Labours policies wouldn't have been a fiscally successful as they weee socially. It depends on where you think the country's resources should be spent, and where they should come from

This is rubbish.

Labour's fiscal policies when they were in power were DIRECTLY responsible for causing the crash, it's why Ed Balls apologised for their failings in Parliament before he was voted out.

You should watch the film the Big Short, there were plenty that knew full well the global economy was over heating with reckless sub prime lending being wrapped up into tradable debt instruments, but the signs were ignored because the lending was a driver for growth.

It's why some people who were in charge of countries that were balls deep in sub prime lending practices just didn't get it.

They were easy to identify, they would have said mad stuff like........I have abolished boom and bust.

Whatever happened to him?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyway. Getting back on track I've had a long think and decided I can't be arsed to vote.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Also say that only 1 in 7 young voters say they will definitely vote.

Which is why there should be TV debates held with all leaders including May, available on various platforms that would help engage with young people and bring more of them out to vote.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which is why there should be TV debates held with all leaders including May, available on various platforms that would help engage with young people and bring more of them out to vote.

To be fair, if recent and active members of political parties now can't be bothered to vote why on earth would younger people? They've seen their education priced beyond their means, they have **** all hope of affording to buy a house, job options consist of minimum wage service or retail wrk and very shortly the one last option available, free and unfettered movement and employment abroad, will be slammed shut in their faces with a useless passport. You might suggest these are the very reasons they should vote. Equally I'll say I can fully understand why they will stay in bed.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
So what do you think the chances of us winning the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest are then? You know they only let us enter because we pay for the thing! That's what Britain has become - just a cash cow. Just think what the NHS could do with that 100 billion pounds.

And as a much overlooked and not talked about topic, what is the EU to do without out our contribitions. Smoke and mirrors from an organisation who have not passed their own financial audit for years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here