Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In 2010 the Tory/LibDem coalition had a good working majority but this one is much more fragile. I just can't see them getting any of their more controversial measures through (school lunches, triple lock, etc). I can therefore see them calling a new election in a few months - probably with a new Tory leader.

The only election I want to see in the near term is public ratification of the deal we get from Europe. We're in a zombie parliament till then anyway

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I said nazis were supporting Corbyn, or encouraging their fellow nazis to support them. An opinion peice on a nazi site encouraging other nazis to support Corbyn looks like an endorsement.

let me take you through this slowly.

The main neo-nazi hub on the internet has a main page header thats says., oh let me show you it.

corbyn-banner.png

It also has at least 6 pages promoting and supporting Corbyn.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=daily+stormer+vote+corbyn

A bit more than an opinion peice.

Any questions?

Yes. Are there any other good neo-Nazi websites we should be checking out?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I said nazis were supporting Corbyn, or encouraging their fellow nazis to support them. An opinion peice on a nazi site encouraging other nazis to support Corbyn looks like an endorsement.

let me take you through this slowly.

The main neo-nazi hub on the internet has a main page header thats says., oh let me show you it.

corbyn-banner.png

It also has at least 6 pages promoting and supporting Corbyn.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=daily+stormer+vote+corbyn

A bit more than an opinion peice.

Any questions?

Yeah.

Are you related to Pretty Pink Fairy and is the Nazi site on your 'favourites' ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

1. I'm sure those circulating this are highlighting it's not from this election campaign. No. Oh, I imagine they just forgot that bit. Just an oversight.

2. Even if it were from this campaign (it's not), surely the DUP are in the very best possible position to "not answer to the Tories"?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just seen Mandelson on BBC saying voters have finally seen some character from Corbyn.

Except, Petey, we've seen and known his character for months now.

That's why we voted him in as leader. Twice. You f**king oaf.

What I found particularly eyebrow-raising about Mandelson is that he claimed that Corbyn had to start showing the PLP some respect. Guacamole and mushy peas come to mind.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see Arlene Foster's statement on 'Government' is not quite on the same hymn sheet as Theresa May's.

Probably a stupid question, but here goes:

If an MP, from whatever party, defects to another party, does the party keep the seat or does the MP?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Probably a stupid question, but here goes:

If an MP, from whatever party, defects to another party, does the party keep the seat or does the MP?

The MP does. In practice, they might trigger a by-election (e.g. Carswell), but there were a few of these going on in the lead-up to the 1997 election.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Just listened to the World At One for a short time and the DUP alliance was stated to be problematic for a number of reasons. Firstly Westminster should be neutral now in NI as part of Good Friday. Obviously now they are not. That then means the the U.K. Government can no longer act as an independent arbitrator in getting Stormont's government back up & running. Thirdly there is widespread disagreement on the type of North / South Irish border post Brexit.

I don't know who the chap being interviewed was but he was cynical to the point of scathing over a Tory / DUP Alliance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was Jonathan Powell, former chief British negotiator on Northern Ireland.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Personally, I blame the Russians.
If they had cared about rigging our election as much as they (allegedly) cared about the US one we would now have a clear majority, and none of the soul-destroying nonsense we will all have to endure for the next 6 months to 5 years

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1. I'm sure those circulating this are highlighting it's not from this election campaign. No. Oh, I imagine they just forgot that bit. Just an oversight.

Fair point. I've seen it nowhere but this thread.

2. Even if it were from this campaign (it's not), surely the DUP are in the very best possible position to "not answer to the Tories"?

Highly unlikely. They'll get *something* promised to them at the outset, but in return for that little share of power, will presumably be expected to vote with the Tory whip thereinafter.

Bit of a risky strategy all told, in terms of their own future electability in NI.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

1. I just saw it on Twitter, found it funny, posted it.
2. No idea, I know nothing of the DUP.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Thanks. Only caught the middle bit in between meetings.

As you heard, this can't really work and he does know what he's talking about. When The Stormont talks broke down a while back, she didn't even go to Northern Ireland to mediate as her predecessors would have. I'm not even sure she's been there as PM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here