Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why do Labour soundbites keep coming out saying they are prepared to form a minority government. It simply will not happen.

Your leader is perceived as a modern day Jesus (and even shares his initials). You manage to mobilise millions of disaffected young people to come out and vote for him (by promising all the free things). Your opponent is woeful and runs what must be the worst campaign in UK political history. Yet despite all that, you finish a distant second/last in a two horse race.

If I were in that position, I'd probably be trying to pretend I was some sort of victor too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah there's something so deeply joyful about a cast iron, full proof, cunning plan go so amazingly horribly wrong.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
And I'm back in the game!

Did someone slip some drugs into my cider last night? John McDonnell seems to be saying that Labour, with fewer votes and fewer seats than the Conservatives, have some sort of right to form a government now.

Ah, here we go, Andrew Marr is now on and basically saying he's talking shit.

I'm glad it's not just me! Labour have 'won', SNP dictating future of Union and the Remainers 'Brexit'. 2nd is the new 1st! Now I know why we threw the title, the Albion are BANG on trend!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why do Labour soundbites keep coming out saying they are prepared to form a minority government. It simply will not happen.
It ****ing better not.
I suspect that they know that. What they are signalling is that they did far better than expected and will not start doing deals that will put them into a position that a) compromises the strong platform they stood on and b) puts them in a position that is simply unsustainable.
Labour are talking about being the next government. That is not signalling that they did better that expected, we already know they did, but talk of being the government is madness. But then as Corbyn spoke of serving the country, I was instantly reminded that he is, quite mad. He was happy to stay on as Labour leader with no support from his party so of course he'd be quite happy to be PM with a small number of seats. He's on a different planet.

They know, we know, the Tories know. The only possible government is minority Tory and that will be a disaster.
I'm concerned that you're right. Why do you think it will be a disaster?

D

Deleted member 22389

I honestly thought Labour doing well would create a bit of unity on NSC, but no nothing changes.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
And I'm back in the game!

Did someone slip some drugs into my cider last night? John McDonnell seems to be saying that Labour, with fewer votes and fewer seats than the Conservatives, have some sort of right to form a government now.

Ah, here we go, Andrew Marr is now on and basically saying he's talking shit.

Still underestimating the Labour leadership? They are two steps ahead of the rest in my view right now.
They have an actual plan. And I suspect it is all about the next election. Which may be quite soon.

Tories are a disorganized rabble with no vision and nothing but negative tactics to rely on. Strong and stable my arse. Deserved what they got.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I honestly thought Labour doing well would create a bit of unity on NSC, but no nothing changes.

It just seems to have increased the snide comments.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I suppose Gideon will take over now.

Oh, wait.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still underestimating the Labour leadership? They are two steps ahead of the rest in my view right now.
They have an actual plan. And I suspect it is all about the next election. Which may be quite soon.

Tories are a disorganized rabble with no vision and nothing but negative tactics to rely on. Strong and stable my arse. Deserved what they got.

Do you really think anyone in the Conservative Party has any appetite to go to the electorate again any time soon? They'd be utterly mad.

I think you're confusing them with the Monster Raving Looney Party.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Do you really think anyone in the Conservative Party has any appetite to go to the electorate again any time soon? They'd be utterly mad.

I think you're confusing them with the Monster Raving Looney Party.

Would have got my vote given the choices we had

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I take it you haven't seen any of the Tory press in recent days. Pretty hate filled by anyones standards.

That doesn't mean normal people ( assuming we are normal on NSC ) have to follow the press lead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here