Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Genuinely surprised at this. I thought if anything Kyle would increase his majority. He's got a big and active local party, he seems to be well liked by his constituents and he comes across as a pretty decent chap whereas his opponent has this "Christian cure" nonsense following her around like a bad smell. Then again, I've never understood Hove.

It's extremely close and we have had daily correspondence from the Torys, and from Theresa herself photocopied, since putting up a Labour poster. Only seen one Tory poster in Hove. Strange as I reckon 500 either side will win it. Not sure of the Hangleton and Portslade input but Hove Torys are in hiding but In abundance.
I assume the Christian , faith healer was given the seat by the same strategic planning team that decided May should bring back fox hunting. Hopefully that decision will be enough for Kyle.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
All set. Selection of ciders lined up. Snacks at the ready, temperamental television currently settled on BBC

Alcohol will just put me to sleep. Gone with a seriously unhealthy combination of Coke, large bag of jelly beans, giant bag of Whotsits and a large bar of mint aero :lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just at times? Seriously, it's the bile from those two and the Express which upped the ante, and many years ago.

I try to avoid both the Sun and DM at all times and they may well have got worse but because they've now become almost like a cartoon hate figure, I kind of zone out when they get criticised. I think maybe I need to rethink that. The Express is another thing altogether. Is it even a newspaper anymore? It seems to be nothing but apocalyptic weather, Maddie McCann and Princess Di conspiracies.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, if Labour take Kemptown the Tories will certainly take Umbridge.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
They were on prime time television FFS. And it was hardly them "daring" to question Corbyn - they were loving it. The only point of the post was to suggest (slightly tongue in cheek, but I don't know why I bothered) that they all look a bit similar. To suggest that this is some kind of Stasi/Pol Pot persecution of dissidents is ridiculous. I simply thought it was vaguely amusing that all those shouting at Corbyn, jabbing their fingers and getting red in the face with their veins standing out like that, were all chips off the same block (and possibly well en route to a blood pressure problem), whereas the gentle, tolerant type of questions seemed to be coming from a different demographic. The idea that I, or anyone else is suggesting persecuting them for the way they expressed their views, just because I didn't like it much, is bonkers and, if you don't mind me saying, a wee bit paranoid.

The angriest man in that audience was a Labour supporter. I don't feel the need to racially stereotype him for his anger.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
That's fine.
It won't be a slightly worse house you end up with, it will be a poorer NHS, poorer education, poorer policing etc.

I've been involved in education my whole life and it is as bad as it has EVER been at the moment. There is no way education will be worse under Labour.
If Tories win I will literally weep for the future of schools in this country.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any recent Exchange drifts? TV bods might get their exit polls soon.

20 minutes to go. Markets stay open after the exit poll, although there'll be limited value unless it indicates things are far closer than I think most are expecting. The swings on Brexit Referendum night were amazing though.

Currently...

Most seats
Tory 1.06
Labour 16.5

Overall majority
Tory 1.2
Labour 7.4

Next PM
May 1.14
Corbyn 8.8

Next government
Tory majority 1.2
Tory minority 17.5
Labour/SNP 23.0
Labour majority 25.0

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
All set. Plenty of beers, snacks and the pizza is in the oven. We'll be almost certain what to night brings at 10pm with the BBC/ITV/SKY exit pole. Hopefully it's tight enough for some entertainment.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Remember an election night many moons ago where I and a good pal got crates of beer in to celebrate the upcoming Labour victory. Many 'tabs and tinnies' later we realised 'that slip on the beach' and the 'turn the lights out headline' had pissed on our and Neil Kinnock's fireworks. Tears followed.

My very good friend still votes Labour, thinks Kyle is a top guy (he is) but supports JC as the true voice of the left. I have voted Tory for the last 15 years but not today, my vote went to someone who will notice it. Good luck everybody!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here