Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
3 terrorist attacks whilst the conservatives have been in power, whilst May has been cutting our emergency services and selling arms that end up in the hands of the very people that want us dead! Wake up you effing dimwits

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
On the plus side, May is "very clear" about everything.

D

Deleted member 2719

Want to be a bit more patronizing?
Most of the young people I know are more informed, and a lot more thoughtful, about their politics than the reactionary oldies

You are joking, most of these labour kids are still wet behind the ears.

They will not be able to see the WHOLE PICTURE, they need to look deeper than their social media feeds.

I feel for them, if they put Corbyn in the HOT SEAT it's game over for this country.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

They will not be able to see the WHOLE PICTURE, they need to look deeper than their social media feeds.

I feel for them, if they put Corbyn in the HOT SEAT it's game over for this country.

Just checking - is this an Enrest style parody account?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Very clear that she does NOT want a discussion about terrorist funding ahead of the election!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ublish-conservatives-government-a7766381.html

No rush Mrs May. It isn't as though the funding of these terror groups is of any great importance. You just keep that information to yourself, keep concentrating on getting yourself re-elected, and the government strong and stable.

In ENTIRELY unrelated news, Boris and Liam Fox each enjoyed a tasty £200 luxury food hamper from their Saudi chums, to enjoy munching and quaffing through, whilst 7 million Yemenis are starving, due to their mates dropping our bombs on them.

Terrific stuff.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...tion-2017-conservatives-theresa-a7745206.html

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Project Fear v2.0 is reaching fever pitch!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm a little bit stunned by this all. The first poll in this thread had a clear Tory lead, it's now showing Labour with a 20%+ lead. The far more important opinion polls have also shown a distinct narrowing of the Tories lead. Has there been a worse electoral campaign from a sitting government? What is Lynton Crosby up to?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I also find they are more concerned about problems such as housing and job security and thus, understandably, take a different view of what matters to those of us with settled jobs and relatively small mortgages. They are also way more international in their outlook and see the UK for what it is rather than what it used to be.

Oh do come on, who do you think you are kiddin', HKFC's 18 year old son and his mates were downing shots this weekend and mooning to oncoming cars whilst wearing a traffic cone on his head ..........

You are highliting a band of people that research seems to suggest might mirror your own political view and you cannot stop cooing over them as if somehow previous civilisations got it wrong when they felt their elders were the wisest and you have spun it on its head to fit your agenda.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Given that the supply of time is finite Theresa May has either:

a) compromised on her General Election manifesto and campaign in favour of Brexit prep, OR
b) neglected her preparation for talks with the EU starting on 19th June, in favour of prep for the GE OR
c) undercooked both the GE AND the Brexit prep.

Either way, she's done a disservice to the UK electorate. She herself confirmed how damaging having an election campaign during the Brexit negotiations would be by using this reason to rule out the possibility of a second independence vote in Scotland. Yet another U-turn by the PM.

Again pure conjecture on your part, but at least the "either or" is better than "pure and simple" when you could not be in a position to make such a definitive statement. I don't know about our level of preparedness -or otherwise - and, be honest, nor do you.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What on earth is going on here? Disregard the user and the obvious bias in the tweet, I found it linked on another forum, but this is the third police guy in 24 hours calling out the tory government for bullshitting in less than 24 hours.. Something afoot? They seem to be going all in for some reason or another.

https://twitter.com/JeremyCorbyn4PM/status/871702220806529024

It's probably organized as part of the election campaign so, as you say, best disregarded as a source. However the Tories do have a lot of explaining to do on police numbers. As a party of 'law and order' they don't seem to be doing a great job in protecting us.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It's probably organized as part of the election campaign so, as you say, best disregarded as a source. However the Tories do have a lot of explaining to do on police numbers. As a party of 'law and order' they don't seem to be doing a great job in protecting us.

Yeah and the clown corbyn will do a great job.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3727159/jeremy-corbyn-isis-citizenship-views-syria/
Sends a shiver down my spine thinking that idiot could be running this country come Friday.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Oh do come on, who do you think you are kiddin', HKFC's 18 year old son and his mates were downing shots this weekend and mooning to oncoming cars whilst wearing a traffic cone on his head ..........

You are highliting a band of people that research seems to suggest might mirror your own political view and you cannot stop cooing over them as if somehow previous civilisations got it wrong when they felt their elders were the wisest and you have spun it on its head to fit your agenda.

Ahh, the wisdom of elders.
My 76 yr old mother-in-law is currently spewing racist shit at the underpaid care workers in her home and planning to leave her entire estate to her cat.
Bless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here