Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It should be recognised that the EU, certainly the bigger players, want BREXIT to fail. Nothing that has emerged thus far suggests to me otherwise.

If the EU was thriving economically, politically stable with a benevolent Russian Leader to the East, trouble free secure southern borders and a supportive US President in the Whitehouse I think they would be well placed to give us a kicking. The reality is somewhat different.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Go and tell a nurse that has experienced a decrease in pay, in real terms, of 14 percent since 2009 that the NHS is properly funded.

Then go and tell them that IDS tried to spend 39 quid on breakfast at their expense.

Then show them the amount of tax payers money that is used to subsidise the bars at the House of Commons for MPs (11 percent pay rise in two years).

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
In decline, along with the schools, police, prisons, councils and most public and social services

And who do you see as to blame? or what is to blame. Come on, you in a way tried to denigrate the mail article so extrapolate your answers with some detail please.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes an interesting read. One serious omission though, cuts to social care have a significant knock-on effect for the NHS. Ring-fencing some budgets while increasing pressure on others for political reasons is no way to run a country.

I'm not saying is everything is perfect either. As for things like mental health care, It was pretty bad when my dad was still alive trying to get him a bed as he had bi-polar disorder, and that was under the Labour party, so I think in some areas both parties are responsible here.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
And who do you see as to blame? or what is to blame. Come on, you in a way tried to denigrate the mail article so extrapolate your answers with some detail please.

I think Blair was the first to start the ball rolling and the Tories have happily helped the ball move at a much faster pace since their time in power. I'm not going to write an essay right now as it's a nice day and just relaxing in the garden. Can give you bullet point answers later if you really want?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Apologies for the OT relevant post here but, HOVE:
Today alone I have seen Peter Kyle on Church Road, had a leaflet from Labour and a visit from a Labour canvasser. All before 1pm.
I've seen nothing of the Conservative candidate, had no literature from the conservative candidate, had no visit from a Conservative canvasser.
In 2015, I debated voting for the Tory candidate here as I had met him and received lots of (persuasive) flyers through the post.

Bet365 have the Tories 8/11 to win Hove & Portslade.
In contrast, they seem to have spent no money or time campaigning here.
Anyone any the wiser on this?

Peter Kyle at Evens looks like printing money.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Yes an interesting read. One serious omission though, cuts to social care have a significant knock-on effect for the NHS. Ring-fencing some budgets while increasing pressure on others for political reasons is no way to run a country.

JC I agree. Since the inception of the NHS/Social care schemes funding has been underwhelming in nearly all areas of public spending whoever had been in government.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I think Blair was the first to start the ball rolling and the Tories have happily helped the ball move at a much faster pace since their time in power. I'm not going to write an essay right now as it's a nice day and just relaxing in the garden. Can give you bullet point answers later if you really want?

No that's fine. I have to agree it is ALL political parties that under fund our services whatever their persuasion or colour. Enjoy the sun.

D

Deleted member 22389

Go and tell a nurse that has experienced a decrease in pay, in real terms, of 14 percent since 2009 that the NHS is properly funded.

Then go and tell them that IDS tried to spend 39 quid on breakfast at their expense.

Then show them the amount of tax payers money that is used to subsidise the bars at the House of Commons for MPs (11 percent pay rise in two years).

That's all political parties,

I should imagine Nurses are paid poorly at the start of the careers, it's the same for teachers, but doesn't their money increase over the years. Looking at the NHS Jobs site, the money doesn't seem too bad. If the money was really shit nobody would be working for NHS at all.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm not saying is everything is perfect either. As for things like mental health care, It was pretty bad when my dad was still alive trying to get him a bed as he had bi-polar disorder, and that was under the Labour party, so I think in some areas both parties are responsible here.

Unfortunately, the NHS has been a political football for far too long. Supposedly Tories always = privatisation, Labour always = spend more and more and more etc. Time for a serious debate well away from party point scoring facing up to some hard truths.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I should imagine Nurses are paid poorly at the start of the careers, it's the same for teachers, but doesn't their money increase over the years. Looking at the NHS Jobs site, the money doesn't seem to bad. If the money was really shit nobody would be working for NHS at all.

I guess that is why a large number of staff are from the EU.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

I should imagine Nurses are paid poorly at the start of the careers, it's the same for teachers, but doesn't their money increase over the years. Looking at the NHS Jobs site, the money doesn't seem too bad. If the money was really shit nobody would be working for NHS at all.

Real terms DECREASE of 14 percent since 2009. But carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here