Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Quite something that given this disastrous Tory campaign, May is still the better side of 1/4 to be the next Prime Minister and the Tories are 1/10 to have the most seats.

Just think what could have happened if Labour had sorted themselves out before this election.

4:1 is where Brexit was about a week out, anything can happen

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Apparently Theresa May has refused to appear on @BBCRadio4's Woman's Hour tomorrow morning. She is sending Justine Greening instead. :lolol:

Bricks-it.jpg

Thats Jeremys cum face isnt it
Poor Diane

D

Deleted member 22389

It's not a win/win. Mrs W used to work at a nursery group as the Marketing Manager - it was under the Labour government. Anyway, despite being a privately owned company, they along with all other nurseries were forced to provide places for people using the 'free' child care allowance. The government covered about 60% of the cost of the place and then the nursery had to cover the other 40% ( I can't remember the exact figures ). Ed Balls visited the group shortly after the government had lowered the amount they were paying per place. The MD challenged Ed Balls as to why the nursery should have to find yet more money to cover these places. Balls answer ? "Tough, make some savings". Two months later 12 workers across the group were claiming JSA.

So the policy is not a win / win - it loses people their jobs and increases the benefits bill. But just as long as parents (many who have CHOOSEN) get some free childcare they don't give a toss about the fallout.

The group I send my daughter to is miles cheaper than the other ones around, £30 quid a day as apposed to £50 charged by others, so they can afford to do this.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Quite something that given this disastrous Tory campaign, May is still the better side of 1/4 to be the next Prime Minister and the Tories are 1/10 to have the most seats.

Just think what could have happened if Labour had sorted themselves out before this election.
If Labour was 'sorted out' there wouldn't have been an election.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Indeed... starting with the dodgy decision to call it at all, a quasi-suicidal manifesto, a series of awkward personal 'moments' amid a basically shocking 'campaign'.

If the rest of this week is as bad... who knows what could happen on Thursday?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Owen Jones who broke the story (by dint of having received an email) actually summed her up an hour before he broke it (and I'm no Owen Jones fan).

[TWEET]870357313638604800[/TWEET]

It is just getting WEIRD. It's like she considers herself above debate.

I really don't know what the tactic is here. Is it to somehow make the Europeans think she's some kind of Supreme Leader, above any contact with those she considers beneath her? It it to try and make Corbyn hang himself while she plays it safe, the poker equivalent of folding and hoping your opponent doesn't hit that flush they're drawing on? Or are they playing such a calculated game that they they are aiming to increase their majority in just such a small enough manner that Corbyn stays in charge of Labour and they have a supposedly clear run in 2022, when they run a proper campaign again? Just typing that sounded bonkers. I may be needing a tin foil hat.

Or could it be that the powers that be at Tory HQ have given up on mainstream campaigning all together and are now letting the social media and internet advertising of companies like Cambridge Analytica do all the work for them, given how influential they were in Brexit and Trump. Why bother talking to a local radio DJ or participating in a debate when a shady, billionairre owned psychology tech company can do all the work for you. Here they'd still have to be gambling that oldies, less likely to use tech. would vote for them anyway and that the under 30s won't bother turning up.

It's fascinating. But not in a good way.

It could be that. Or her bottle's gone.

I don't think its either. I think Tory central office have instructed her to keep out of the way, so as to not cause any further damage.

They know as well as everybody else, that she's a massive liability. Even Farage can see it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Indeed... starting with the dodgy decision to call it at all, a quasi-suicidal manifesto, a series of awkward personal 'moments' amid a basically shocking 'campaign'.

If the rest of this week is as bad... who knows what could happen on Thursday?

Not seen many smug opinion poll posts from you recently. I wonder why?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The whole reason there's so many gangs killing people and selling drugs is because of the massive gap between the rich and poor and there's only one party to blame for that.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I don't think its either. I think Tory central office have instructed her to keep out of the way, so as to not cause any further damage.

They know as well as everybody else, that she's a massive liability. Even Farage can see it.
She must be hiding in the same cupboard as Philip Hammond. Where's he gone?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not seen many smug opinion poll posts from you recently. I wonder why?

Because there isn't much to be smug about is there? From a position of some strength, the whole damn thing has been a fiasco from start to finish... and we aren't even at the finish yet... and might not be for weeks? It's an embarrassment, I am just clinging on to the hope that it doesn't turn into a catastrophe.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

He has gone a bit quiet these last few days, hasn't he?

To be fair he at least has a façade of holding it together. May looks like she's completely at sea in every picture or clip, you see.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland

I don't think Michael Fallon has been seen either since he ripped into comments that he thought were made by Jeremy Corbyn only to have it pointed out that they were made by Boris Johnson.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Now, that is an interesting question. It's very unusual for a Chancellor to be low-key during an election: Osborne was everywhere in 2015. What makes it weirder is that Hammond is one of the more sensible Tories - he's not a head-banging right winger, he has no skeletons in his closet (as far as we know) and hasn't made any big gaffes. His non-appearance is a real mystery

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Now, that is an interesting question. It's very unusual for a Chancellor to be low-key during an election: Osborne was everywhere in 2015. What makes it weirder is that Hammond is one of the more sensible Tories - he's not a head-banging right winger, he has no skeletons in his closet (as far as we know) and hasn't made any big gaffes. His non-appearance is a real mystery

Especially so, in an election that his party have made all about financial competence (or at least 'less incompetence')

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

The Times speculated a few days back his absence was due to May planning to move him on from Chancellor and the cabinet after the election.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The whole reason there's so many gangs killing people and selling drugs is because of the massive gap between the rich and poor and there's only one party to blame for that.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

??? Because there was no gang crime or drug selling while Labour was in power was there ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here