Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

D

Deleted member 22389

We have poll after poll on here, it is never go to show the outcome. Labour were due to win the last elections, according to the polls on here, Remain was going to easily win, according to NSC, and now Labour are in front again.
The Brighton area and NSC do not reflect nationwide, same as the audience last night, the board is loaded with far left leaning posters.

Your right, NSC is no way reflective. If Labour somehow manage to get in, then all I will say is people have short memories. Secondly we need to be prepared to eventually wave goodbye to Brexit, because there are far too many people in that party who voted Remain and will pressure Corbyn to reverse it. Once again there will be many people who feel cheated under a Labour government.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Your right, NSC is no way reflective. If Labour somehow manage to get in, then all I will say is people have short memories. Secondly we need to be prepared to eventually wave goodbye to Brexit, because there are far too many people in that party who voted Remain and will pressure Corbyn to reverse it. Once again there will be many people who feel cheated under a Labour government.
There are many people who feel cheated by each and every government. Ain't it always the way? Our political parties always argue over the same problems. You'd have thought that between them they could have fixed them by now.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Are there not far too many in The Conservtives then? Not sure exactly which ones are standing next Thursday, but I suspect plenty:

HARRIET BALDWIN
GAVIN BARWELL
JAKE BERRY
NICK BOLES
KAREN BRADLEY
STEVE BRINE
JAMES BROKENSHIRE
ROBERT BUCKLAND
ALISTAIR BURT
DAVID CAMERON
ALUN CAIRNS
GREG CLARK
THÉRÈSE COFFEY
OLIVER COLVILE
STEPHEN CRABB
CAROLINE DINENAGE
PHILIP DUNNE
MICHAEL ELLIS
JANE ELLISON
TOBIAS ELLWOOD
CHARLIE ELPHICKE
GRAHAM EVANS
DAVID EVENNETT
MICHAEL FALLON
GEORGE FREEMAN
MIKE FREER
DAVID GAUKE
NICK GIBB
JOHN GLEN
ROBERT GOODWILL
HELEN GRANT
JUSTINE GREENING
ANDREW GRIFFITHS
BEN GUMMER
SAM GYIMAH
ROB HALFON
PHILIP HAMMOND
MATT HANCOCK
GREG HANDS
MARK HARPER
RICHARD HARRINGTON
DAMIAN HINDS
JEREMY HUNT
NICK HURD
MARGOT JAMES
SAJID JAVID
ROBERT JENRICK
JO JOHNSON
ANDREW JONES
MARCUS JONES
SIMON KIRBY
MARK LANCASTER
OLIVER LETWIN
BRANDON LEWIS
DAVID LIDINGTON
THERESA MAY
PAUL MAYNARD
PATRICK MCLOUGHLIN
NICKY MORGAN
DAVID MORRIS
JAMES MORRIS
DAVID MUNDELL
SARAH NEWTON
GUY OPPERMAN
GEORGE OSBORNE
MARK PAWSEY
JOHN PENROSE
CLAIRE PERRY
AMBER RUDD
DAVID RUTLEY
ANDREW SELOUS
ALOK SHARMA
ALEC SHELBROOKE
CHRIS SKIDMORE
CHLOE SMITH
JULIAN SMITH
ANNA SOUBRY
MARK SPENCER
RORY STEWART
MEL STRIDE
HUGO SWIRE
EDWARD TIMPSON
ELIZABETH TRUSS
ED VAIZEY
SHAILESH VARA
BEN WALLACE
CHRIS WHITE
CRAIG WHITTAKER
GAVIN WILLIAMSON
ROB WILSON
JEREMY WRIGHT

Peter Aldous
Heidi Allen
Edward Argar
Victoria Atkins
Guto Bebb
James Berry
Richard Benyon
Paul Beresford
Nicola Blackwood
Peter Bottomley
Simon Burns
Neil Carmichael
James Cartlidge
Alex Chalk
Jo Churchill
Kenneth Clarke
Damian Collins
Alberto Costa
Byron Davies
Jonathan Djanogly
Michelle Donelan
Oliver Dowden
Flick Drummond
Alan Duncan
Mark Field
Kevin Foster
Luzy Frazer
Roger Gale
Mark Garnier
Edward Garnier
Richard Graham
Damian Green
Dominic Grieve
Luke Hall
Stephen Hammond
Alan Haselhurst
Simon Hart
Oliver Heald
James Heappey
Peter Heaton-Jones
Nick Herbert
Simon Hoare
George Hollingbery
Kevin Hollinrake
Kris Hopkins
John Howell
Ben Howlett
Nigel Huddleston
Seema Kennedy
Julian Knight
Phillip Lee
Jeremy Lefroy
David Mackintosh
Alan Mak
Tania Mathias
Mark Menzies
Johnny Mercer
Huw Merriman
Maria Miller
Amanda Milling
Andrew Mitchell
Wendy Morton
David Mowat
Bob Neill
Neil Parish
Chris Philp
Eric Pickles
Dan Poulter
Rebecca Pow
Victoria Prentis
Mark Prisk
Mark Pritchard
Jeremy Quin
Mary Robinson
Antoinette Sandbach
Grant Shapps
Keith Simpson
Nicholas Soames
Amanda Solloway
Julian Smith
Caroline Spelman
John Stevenson
Gary Streeter
Graham Stuart
Maggie Throup
Kelly Tolhurst
David Tredinnick
Tom Tugendhat
Andre Tyrie
Robin Walker
Matt Warman
Angela Watkinson
Helen Whately
Craig Williams
Sarah Wollaston

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What did the 2015 exit poll say ? What about last years referendum exit poll ?

It showed the Tories had done far better than the GE campaign polls had indicated and even underestimated their support. See 2005 General election exit poll ,see 2010 General election exit poll.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
His stance on the Falklands says to me that he would be weak for the UK on EU talks.

FURIOUS Falkland Islanders have branded Jeremy Corbyn a “hypocrite” over his pledge to give up British sovereignty in a power-sharing deal with Argentina.
Dick Sawle, a former Member of the Island’s Legislative Assembly, said "How can a politician who clams to care so much about human rights blatantly ignore the most fundamental human right of all – the democratic will of a sovereign people "......
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/60...hypocrite-Argentina-pledge-power-sharing-deal

You love the Express.

Michael Summers who is actually on the legislative assembly put Corbyn's comments into perspective, and Labour are steadfast on self-determination. The only difference is that Corbyn has said he is prepared to listen to Argentina, and entertain a dialogue so that any proposal that might be mutually beneficial can be put to the people of the Falkland Islands. In fact, it is the Legislative Assembly that has welcomed a peace delegation from Argentina this year. There is also ongoing human rights cases in Argentina regarding the torture of their own soldiers by their officers during the conflict itself. No one is saying the Falkland Islanders shouldn't decide, but it might be within their interest to have a dialogue because their economy could benefit from trade agreements, tourism, migrant workers etc. Still theirs to determine.

Or look at it as something to spin into something else.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

As opposed to anyone under the age of 25 being ****ed over by the current government

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was talking to my 18 year old nephew tonight on everyday stuff, got on to the politics subject and really amazed me with his knowledge of what is going on, with the run up to the GE.
He will be voting Labour, does not trust TM and all she stands for.
I'm proud that he has his mind set on something, rather than the usual youth of today not giving a toss :)

Good for him.

But, I think you (and perceived wisdom) do 'the usual youth of today' a huge disservice.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And you put yourself forward as a supporter of the "caring" party. I reckon that £300m is a "dot" on our finances, we could even include it as foreign aid if it would sit better with you.

Yes caring for those in need, the £300m could be better used elsewhere.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The wrong thing to have done. No reason a party cannot right its wrongs.

Maybe many remember the promises they made before they got elected last time. Many things that get blamed on the current government were actually brought in under Labours watch, tuition fees being one of them, food banks also.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Which party brought in tuition fees, that certainly helped the under 25's.

There's a huge difference between being in debt by circa £9,000 (three full years at Uni under the old costs - which is coincidently the cost of ONE academic year at University now) and in debt by £27,000 (the new cost for three years at Uni). Labour may have introduce them but the Tories have tripled them.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yes caring for those in need, the £300m could be better used elsewhere.

I thought your caring party looked after people, these people in the Falklands are our own.....oops forgot, Labour tend to bleat about care here whilst prepared to give billions to countries that have nuclear weapons and space progs and despot leaders who pocket the cash.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
There's a huge difference between being in debt by circa £9,000 (three full years at Uni under the old costs - which is coincidently the cost of ONE academic year at University now) and in debt by £27,000 (the new cost for three years at Uni). Labour may have introduce them but the Tories have tripled them.

Granted, but a bit hypocritical to put blame on others on a policy introduced by the party blaming and moaning.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Labour tend to bleat about care here whilst prepared to give billions to countries that have nuclear weapons and space progs

The current administration have NOT been doing exactly that, then?

#confused

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here