Farron 8
Corbyn 6
Lucas 7
Wood 5
Rudd 5
Nutter 3
Robertson 7

May 0

Really ? I thought Faron came across as a little odd. JC and Rudd performed well. The others seemed irrelevant, particularly Plaid Cymru whose leader has a very literal take on the divorce euphemism as applied to Brexit.I am in any case slightly uncomfortable with nationalist and single interest parties and would prefer to see a proper debate between Labour and the Tories.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not really. The 7 person set-up doesn't work. Not much new information was provided. They are showing highlights on the BBC News Channel now.

I put 5 Live on whilst in the car - not knowing the debate was also being broadcast on there - and in the few minutes I had it on, it was just a cacophony of people talking over each other - I had no idea what was going on.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What about the Tories they have on QT that try and pretend they're not then ?

This may be the case, as well, but come on, be honest, you know as well as I do, that the typical reaction from these sort of audiences is one that cheers left wing speakers the loudest.

D

Deleted member 22389

Are you defending the UKIP bloke? Just checking . . . .

If so . . . . when asked what he regarded as his leadership qualities, he took credit for Brexit. That's really forward looking. . . He is out of his depth and unbelievably thick.

Only one who spoke the truth, and yes if it wasn't for UKIP Brexit would not have happened. To call someone thick, not nice.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
They always say that the audience has been chosen to reflect the views of the electorate, but yet again, the reaction for all to hear shows that the sympathy is with left wing speakers.

Well, nodoubt tomorrow when you read the review in you Daily Mail/Express/Sun/Daily Telegraph/Times/or, God forbid, The Star, youll be able to read a completely unbiased view of how Rudd wiped the floor with all the terrorist supporting tree hugging unwashed commie wasters.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well, nodoubt tomorrow when you read the review in you Daily Mail/Express/Sun/Daily Telegraph/Times/or, God forbid, The Star, youll be able to read a completely unbiased view of how Rudd wiped the floor with all the terrorist supporting tree hugging unwashed commie wasters.

Amazing, despite the incredible control of a couple of billionaire owners of our main printed media completely biased to the right, you get a random audience that appears slightly left leaning (Paul Nuttall and Rudd both got notable applause for points they made throughout), and you get people from the right up in arms about bias. I mean seriously, is that some kind of joke!? :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really ? I thought Faron came across as a little odd. JC and Rudd performed well. The others seemed irrelevant, particularly Plaid Cymru whose leader has a very literal take on the divorce euphemism as applied to Brexit.I am in any case slightly uncomfortable with nationalist and single interest parties and would prefer to see a proper debate between Labour and the Tories.

Yes. Except that the libs and greens and SNP have a chance to win some seats so they should be allowed in. If Ukip are allowed on then its only fair they invite a monster raving loony too. Perhaps @hmmmbetternottypethe name could step up and stand in for both!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

I don't much like Farron but it has to be said, he did a spectacular job of holding Theresa may to account for her cowardice tonight. Thought Rudd was really poor but then again I didn't think JC was exactly brilliant :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Amazing, despite the incredible control of a couple of billionaire owners of our main printed media completely biased to the right, you get a random audience that appears slightly left leaning (Paul Nuttall and Rudd both got notable applause for points they made throughout), and you get people from the right up in arms about bias. I mean seriously, is that some kind of joke!? :shrug:

This. The reason that Corbyn got such a warm reaction, to the OUTRAGE of our resident NSC right wing twits, is because he was IMPRESSIVE.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Corbyn has surprised me, he looks to be a very decent politician, very different to how he's appeared in PMQs.

It was a masterstroke from him to decide this morning to appear in the debate, they probably planned for it for a while longer.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

The difference is that when you buy the paper of your choice, then you know what you are getting. With these audiences you are told one thing, but the reality seems rather different.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Only one who spoke the truth, and yes if it wasn't for UKIP Brexit would not have happened. To call someone thick, not nice.

I was thinking actually, the left on here tend to use the word "thick" for anyone that votes for the Tories or Ukip.......i have met many Labour supporters, i reckon they have their fair share looking at those on Jeremy Kyle.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hmm, well apologies for calling him thick, but I'm making an assessment based on what I have seen of him. I could be wrong. Maybe he's just nasty (tarring all Muslims for the outrages yet, clearly, not tarring all white Christians for the Brevik etc). No, I have reconsidered, thick is what he is. That's me being generous.

As for Brexit, this has been brewing for years and allowing a brexitty vote was Cameron's way of dealing with his own brexitty back benchers. Bad gamble. Eff all to do with UKIP who have been, all along, and are now, a nothing, a joke.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I put 5 Live on whilst in the car - not knowing the debate was also being broadcast on there - and in the few minutes I had it on, it was just a cacophony of people talking over each other - I had no idea what was going on.

There were points it was quite interesting, especially the policy differences between those parties to the left of centre, so there was a fair bit of discussion about how Labour, Libs, SNP, Greens and Plaid are apart on certain issues. The lack of detail from the Tories, or that they're not prepared to give was laid bare. Rudd probably had the most difficult job as not being leader she had a limited remit most likely on what she could say, she took a booking for the team is probably a good analogy. Everyone rounded on May not turning up to her own election toward the end. Some of it was okay, but a few too many on it.

I think there should be a qualification criteria of a min of say 3 seats in the house of commons to join a debate.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I don't much like Farron but it has to be said, he did a spectacular job of holding Theresa may to account for her cowardice tonight. Thought Rudd was really poor but then again I didn't think JC was exactly brilliant :shrug:

Couldn't agree more with that.
Farron had to strike half of his prep too as he was ready to slam Corbyn for not turning up as well.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Corbyn has surprised me, he looks to be a very decent politician, very different to how he's appeared in PMQs.

It was a masterstroke from him to decide this morning to appear in the debate, they probably planned for it for a while longer.

Masterstroke? He had said for ages that he wouldn't attend, then at lunchtime he changes his mind, as he presumably saw some grubby advantage, and has the nerve to say on the news that if the TV organise something like this, then it is only decent to attend!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I understand that tonights debate must have been traumatic for you, what with your strong and stable leader bottling it, Amber Rudd proving how you can achieve high office in this country and still be totally inept, and, that all exceot Nuttall had a better debate than the Torys, there is no need to take it out on me now.

Keep clutching at 'em.

D

Deleted member 2719

Farron: irrelevant
Corbyn: 6
Lucas : irrelevant
Wood : irrelevant
Rudd : 6
Nuttell : irrelevant
Robertson : irrelevant

Score draw but the audience made it seem like a home game for Corbyn, so bias.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here