Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

synavm

May 2, 2013
In most election cycles, I can at least comprehend why people might be attracted to Tory policy- usually there's a good piece of economic policy or social reform.

This time, though, I simply don't comprehend why anyone would vote Tory, beyond Brexit and leadership. The policy is absolutely horrible- it harms future elections by potentially locking out more voters, it infringes on civil liberties beyond anything we've seen in the west in the past century, it *******ises a sensible policy of means testing winter fuel allowance by scrapping it for 95% of claimants, it raids people's assets because the Tories are too scared to accept that our tax take needs to go up to fund social care, it totally ignores all economic logic by seeking to arbitrarily limit all net immigration to five figures, it penalises companies that have the gall to hire a foreigner and it seeks to legalise vile animal cruelty gatherings.

I simply don't see the audience for this stuff, it is horrendous. Theresa May can thank her lucky stars that Jeremy Corbyn is in power and the media are still firmly on her picket, because without them she would surely be toast.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Utter drivel.

There is no such thing as 'the brexit that was voted for', as well you know.

What you actually mean is 'the form of Brexit that YOU would like to chose to believe, we were voting for'.

He's saying that everyone who voted for Brexit voted to leave the EU, AND end freedom of movement, AND the 'confines' of the ECJ.

Which is clearly utter bullshit.

There were plenty of prominent Leave people who campaigned on a platform of Leave EU and KEEP freedom of movement and other EU rights.

And a shitload who were voting for the £350m/week saving.

And plenty more who thought they were voting for less Poles or Syrian Refugees.

Not to mention a sizeable minority of complete cretins who 'fancied a change'.

What a load of utter tripe and usual lies.You are clearly in denial along with the usual useful idiots that gave you a thumbs up

You lot are very noisy at telling us what we didn’t vote for, yet tellingly always silent when asked what we did vote for,. Here are a couple of areas and easy questions any “sizeable cretin” can answer.

On Immigration
Was a vote to Leave The EU
A/ A vote to take back control of EU migration and end free movement.
B/ A vote to keep free movement and uncontrolled EU migration

On Trade
A/ A vote to end our paid membership of The EU internal market thereby freeing ourselves to forge our own global trade agreements including continued trade with Europe and also freeing ourselves from the body that regulates the internal market(ECJ)
B/ A vote to remain as paid up members of the internal market and let the EU collectively make trade arrangements and continue to let the ECJ regulate us.

On British Sovereignty
A/ A vote to end the primacy of the ECJ and return more law making powers back to Westminster
B/ A vote to remain under the Primacy of the ECJ and allow laws and regulations to continue to be controlled for us from Luxembourg.

A or B
Not hard is it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
In most election cycles, I can at least comprehend why people might be attracted to Tory policy- usually there's a good piece of economic policy or social reform.

This time, though, I simply don't comprehend why anyone would vote Tory, beyond Brexit

well done
you have identified a valid sole reason for voting Tory.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
What a load of utter tripe and usual lies.You are clearly in denial along with the usual useful idiots that gave you a thumbs up

You lot are very noisy at telling us what we didn’t vote for, yet tellingly always silent when asked what we did vote for,. Here are a couple of areas and easy questions any “sizeable cretin” can answer.

On Immigration

On Trade
A/ A vote to end our paid membership of The EU internal market thereby freeing ourselves to forge our own global trade agreements including continued trade with Europe and also freeing ourselves from the body that regulates the internal market(ECJ)
B/ A vote to remain as paid up members of the internal market and let the EU collectively make trade arrangements and continue to let the ECJ regulate us.

On British Sovereignty
A/ A vote to end the primacy of the ECJ and return more law making powers back to Westminster
B/ A vote to remain under the Primacy of the ECJ and allow laws and regulations to continue to be controlled for us from Luxembourg.

A or B
Not hard is it.

I'm puzzled! What actually were the reasons people voted to Remain?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

On Immigration

On Trade

On British Sovereignty

A or B
Not hard is it.

C EEA option

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The one point the Daily Mirror keeps harping about is the 10m who will no longer qualify for heating allowance as they dont need it. I agree with it and believe the people who should be eligible are those receiving pension credit or similar assistance. I wish that they could ensure that those living abroad also didnt get it. Perhaps they should say that you only qualify if you pay council tax or receive a credit for it.

Why should those abroad not get it if they have paid in like everybody else?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
well done
you are the first to prove the point you dont want to answer what we did vote for.

Try again
3 questions......A or B

People who voted for Brexit voted for the following possible options based on your list.

AAA
AAB
ABB
BAA
BAB
BBA
ABA

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Labour's divisions over Trident were exposed as the party's defence spokesman clashed with shadow foreign secretary Emily Thornberry over the future of the nuclear deterrent.

Ms Thornberry indicated the party's support for Trident could not be guaranteed after a defence review if Labour wins the June 8 General Election.

But shadow defence secretary Nia Griffith slapped her down, saying the policy was not Ms Thornberry's responsibility and the shadow foreign secretary was wrong.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...errent-labours-defence/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_fb

Hear the squirming in the interview..........???

D

Deleted member 22389

Labour's divisions over Trident were exposed as the party's defence spokesman clashed with shadow foreign secretary Emily Thornberry over the future of the nuclear deterrent.

Ms Thornberry indicated the party's support for Trident could not be guaranteed after a defence review if Labour wins the June 8 General Election.

But shadow defence secretary Nia Griffith slapped her down, saying the policy was not Ms Thornberry's responsibility and the shadow foreign secretary was wrong.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...errent-labours-defence/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_fb

Hear the squirming in the interview..........???

Labour they do my fing head in. I have noticed quite a few Labour boards around, have people forgotten what a pile of crap they where last time. Each to their own they can vote for who they like, but for me never ever again.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
either she does not answer questions or she lies
this maybe is why she will not meet JC head to head in TV debate

No, it's not.

It's because Labour are in such disarray that there is no perceived need to engage in any activity with any level of risk. And live debates do carry risk.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's insulting to the electorate, but Labour are getting what they deserve for their ongoing piss-poor attempt at opposition. What an utterly dreadful election this is.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You raise a good point about Tory borrowing. The levels of debt they're racking up are astonishing; absolutely eye watering levels of debt never seen in the UK before. It's Greece Mk 2 but without the EU to bail you out. I have struggled to understand how they can get away with this. But then I read that the average UK household owes close to £10,000 in debts such as personal loans, credit cards and overdrafts, which is a new high in cash terms. The report is by PwC and titled "Precious Plastic: How Britons Fell Back in Love With Borrowing." This is going to end in tears; mark my words.

Maybe more of a worry is the current trend to offer interest free periods on transfers to credit cards for longer periods. This just pushes the repayment date further on and people borrow more. What is don't know fully is what the consumer behaviour will be when the free period ends. While the card card providers say they are confident of their business model it could be storing up another financial disaster if people don't behave as expected. This also extends into PCPs for new cars which seems to have taken over from mortgagees as a future issue.

When the cheap loan era ends anyone with large outstanding personal loans could be in trouble unless of course its the next misselling scandal.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
cab82abf38732926265689a8cd6da467.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Maybe more of a worry is the current trend to offer interest free periods on transfers to credit cards for longer periods. This just pushes the repayment date further on and people borrow more.

the credit cards still expect the minimum payment each month, the interest free doesn't push forward repayment, only the amount people pay off. PCP is effectively a short term lease, at the end of the term (3 years?) you can walk away, so no large risks to anyone.

the biggest risk would be the runaway inflation and subsequent interest rate hikes, if Labour got in an pours £25bn on top of all the other promises into the economy, boom and bust.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm actually ashamed there's so many effing idiots in this country

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here