Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The first 'Lord Ashcroft Poll' of 2015 makes interesting reading...

CON 34%
LAB 28%
UKP 16%
LIB 8%
GRN 8%

A six point lead for Silky Dave... surely not??

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

CON 34%
LAB 28%
UKP 16%
LIB 8%
GRN 8%

Wow. That's a big turnaround. Any news in there on the marginals, which is what is most useful in Ashcroft's polling?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I think Ashcroft's polling is only done in the marginals; not sure as I'm at work, so can't check UK Polling Report (www.ukpollingreport.co.uk). Having said that, I think Silky Dave could have scored just as big an own goal as Red Ed at the Labour Party Conference on the deficit and immigration by not including the NHS in his six election priorities outlined today. I think the electorate is just about sick of hearing about the need to reduce the deficit, as the Conservatives have been banging on about it since before 2010 (even though I think myself it's a sound message - you can't spend what you don't have, I think people want to know when the austerity is going to finish).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think Ashcroft's polling is only done in the marginals; not sure as I'm at work, so can't check UK Polling Report (www.ukpollingreport.co.uk). Having said that, I think Silky Dave could have scored just as big an own goal as Red Ed at the Labour Party Conference on the deficit and immigration by not including the NHS in his six election priorities outlined today. I think the electorate is just about sick of hearing about the need to reduce the deficit, as the Conservatives have been banging on about it since before 2010 (even though I think myself it's a sound message - you can't spend what you don't have, I think people want to know when the austerity is going to finish).

"NHS pledge Despite the anticipated spending squeeze between 2015 and 2020, Mr Cameron said "not a penny" would be cut from the NHS budget over this period, so "everyone gets the care they need"."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"NHS pledge Despite the anticipated spending squeeze between 2015 and 2020, Mr Cameron said "not a penny" would be cut from the NHS budget over this period, so "everyone might get the care they need eventually, possibly, fingers crossed they dont die before they receive it"."

I've corrected it for you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

CON 34%
LAB 28%
UKP 16%
LIB 8%
GRN 8%

Is Ashcroft still drunk from Xmas?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

This is s Ashcroft Nationsl Poll ANP not one of his ones in marginal seats
This dramatic poll has had one change made that may explain part or all of the change
Previously those questioned were asked if they intended to vote for Con, Lab, Lib or another. They now are prompted Con, Lab, Lib, UKIP or another (UKIP now considered big enough to be inc)
This, however doesn't really explain why Tories have jumped 4, it may just be that as election nears people always return to incumbent party

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

CON 34%
LAB 28%
UKP 16%
LIB 8%
GRN 8%

That has to be a blip surely ? I'm racking my brains to think of something the Tories have done so right or that Labour have done so badly in the last couple of weeks that would present that change in figures.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
That has to be a blip surely ? I'm racking my brains to think of something the Tories have done so right or that Labour have done so badly in the last couple of weeks that would present that change in figures.
Neither can I think of anything the Tories have done right in the last few weeks, however its clear what Labour have done so badly.......he is called Ed, and take your pick of which one.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Apart from the Ashcroft poll there was also a Populus poll with figures announced today but not mentioned for some reason.

Lab 37%
Con 32%
UKIP 13%
LibDem 10%
Green 4%

Both polls suggest the recent change of asking about voting intention with UKIP as an option instead of being bundled in with "Others" is throwing up the 3% either way margin of error.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apart from the Ashcroft poll there was also a Populus poll with figures announced today but not mentioned for some reason.

Lab 37%
Con 32%
UKIP 13%
LibDem 10%
Green 4%

Both polls suggest the recent change of asking about voting intention with UKIP as an option instead of being bundled in with "Others" is throwing up the 3% either way margin of error.

This is more like it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
SportingIndex: Labour lead narrows...

B7OfWnJIEAAj_9u.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here