Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The polling station is the next building outside my lounge window and it is VERY busy.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
My revised plan is now:
- Some sleep after 10.
- Up at 01:15 for the busy part of the night
- Back to bed at four

And hopefully will be able to work the next day!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Right, sorted for tonight.

I have ready salted pringles, twix mix, jelly babies and choc raisans. Had a craving for jelly beans so am a bit annoyed hence the pick n mix.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
My pub is open tonight until 2.00 am, so I could watch the results except that (as usual) I've a bunch of pretty dancers working and the barmaid booked for tonight has just called in sick so I'll end up working anyway. By the time everyone has been paid and gone home and I've checked that the place is locked up and no-one is asleep in a toilet somewhere (yes, it's happened!) it'll be 3.00 am so probably watch until 4.00 or so and hope the cleaner doesn't wake me when she comes in @ 7.30 in the morning. It's a hard life running a boozer!

:needpics:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The polling station is the next building outside my lounge window and it is VERY busy.

Just back from voting and business was brisk in at the Polling Station. I even had to queue up for a minute or two.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Right, sorted for tonight.

I have ready salted pringles, twix mix, jelly babies and choc raisans. Had a craving for jelly beans so am a bit annoyed hence the pick n mix.

Crisp, although I've already eaten one big bag, pizza and selection of craft beers plus a few speciality Deutsche beers.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just found out that I cannot vote because for some strange reason I am not on the Electoral Register yet two out of the five in our house are. We did the forms. Oh well their loss because that's one less rude picture on a ballet slip they'll receive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Odds on Dave being the next PM continuing to shorten...

View attachment 65185

I know someone working the ballot boxes. I've just gone very large on a Labour landslide in Hove. I'm also backing the Tories to get between zero and zero votes. Nudge nudge.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Mrs WQW is a Presiding Officer (over 20 years) and reports that the polling stations are very busy, one run by an associate is reporting double the numbers for recent elections.

Personally I am pleased that people are once again engaging in politics, but am a little worried that the high turnout will benefit the non-Tory vote, oh well, long evening to come.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mrs WQW is a Presiding Officer (over 20 years) and reports that the polling stations are very busy, one run by an associate is reporting double the numbers for recent elections.

Personally I am pleased that people are once again engaging in politics, but am a little worried that the high turnout will benefit the non-Tory vote, oh well, long evening to come.

Interesting. Like you I'm encouraged that folk are voting. I really hope that there is a significant increase in the young vote as well.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not long to go now people - Conservatives and Labour Tied [Election 2015]

The chap at my polling station was using a stick thing to stuff papers into the box when I voted. This was at 4:30 ahead of what I imagine is the peak post-work period.

"We've been very busy" he commented as he tried to prod the papers down.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brodie's Hoxton Special IPA. Big fan of this glorious 6.6% classic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The chap at my polling station was using a stick thing to stuff papers into the box when I voted. This was at 4:30 ahead of what I imagine is the peak post-work period.

"We've been very busy" he commented as he tried to prod the papers down.

He was picking out the left wing ones

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I voted at 7.15 this morning. Never seen my kids get ready so quickly as today when I said if they were ready we could vote on way to nursery /breakfast club

There were queues then. The tory teller on the door was the man I made take back a leaflet theater week and who ran away from me on Monday. He didn't ask to see my card to tick.it off so I made him and engaged him in conversation whilst quite a few people walked off ignoring him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here