Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Holy shit Farage has been exposed. Don't think it will make any difference Dave, people will still be voting for UKIP whatever on Thursday. Honestly what would you like to see happen to UKIP by Friday, and what happens if they have a good night?

Yeah the same people will be voting, but by all accounts, its now down to 14% rather than the 'high' of 15%.
UKIP by Friday? They will carry on with probably a new leader...as even many UKIP supporters believe he is what holds everything together, I think losing his target seat would be fairly catastrophic for the group along with possibly one MP. I seriously doubt they will have a good night mate tbh.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yeah the same people will be voting, but by all accounts, its now down to 14% rather than the 'high' of 15%.
UKIP by Friday? They will carry on with probably a new leader...as even many UKIP supporters believe he is what holds everything together, I think losing his target seat would be fairly catastrophic for the group along with possibly one MP. I seriously doubt they will have a good night mate tbh.

Haven't you figured it out by now ? UKIP may have a national poll share of 14% or 15% but in certain seats this is much larger to the point they can actually win a few seats. There is also the lesser of two evils tactical vote to be considered as well. Will Labour voters whose party are trailing in 3rd in these seats vote UKIP to stop the Conservatives winning ? UKIP could actually help Labour become the party with the most seats come Friday.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Haven't you figured it out by now ? UKIP may have a national poll share of 14% or 15% but in certain seats this is much larger to the point they can actually win a few seats. There is also the lesser of two evils tactical vote to be considered as well , will Labour voters whose party are trailing in 3rd in these seats vote UKIP to stop the Conservatives winning ? UKIP could actually help Labour become the party with the most seats come Friday.

Im sure they will help Labour, although, I think the Tories will win, but I cant see UKIP winning a few seats at all. One retained if they are lucky (Carswell). We will see I guess.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
An extremely tough call between an 80s Sarah Greene and Konnie huq.

I have to agree there. GREENE has however matured well.

sarah_greene_dancing_on_ice.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Valerie Singleton, or if unavailable due to a book signing/after dinner speech then Lesley Judd

I have a VERY good story about Valerie Singleton from way back when. She was a guest speaker at the Cambridge Union society, and after the debate..................

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll be organising a nice selection of craft beers plus nibbles and a bottle of Champagne in the fridge ready for the decisive moment....whenever that will come.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I have a VERY good story about Valerie Singleton from way back when. She was a guest speaker at the Cambridge Union society, and after the debate..................
I always thought she was a rugmuncher ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Whatever your political persuasion, it is guaranteed to be a fascinating night and I, for one, can't wait.

Who else is planning on an all-nighter?

Thursday finish about 4 p.m., home and kip 4.30 - 9.30 p.m., up all night, food and beverages planned (no booze as driving early doors). A mixture of BBC, twitter and FB for company.

Watch 8.30, then off to golf, lunch and a few beers. (and an early night!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here