Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Lynton Crosby obviously had no time to reach them :lolol:

It's quite astonishing, they should have taken the hit and moved on quickly - now it seems the Tory party are determined to make the election about rich people's right not to pay tax - oh well, bring it on, huh?

Rich this rich that. I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination but I will never Ever vote core labourAgain. Notice I said Again. I use to vote for them. Not anymore though. It's not the tories who are turning this into rich against poor it's pathetic lefties like yourself.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Rich this rich that. I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination but I will never Ever vote core labourAgain. Notice I said Again. I use to vote for them. Not anymore though. It's not the tories who are turning this into rich against poor it's pathetic lefties like yourself.

Similar views here. Working man who voted Labour back in 1997. Big mistake.

Similar views here. Working man who voted Labour back in 1997. Big mistake.

You didn't vote Labour in 1997, you voted New Labour so you were effectively voting Tory. Miliband has tried to take the party back to its core values of looking after the working class and disadvantaged, he's not done it perfectly by any means but he's earned the gratitude of people who are fed up of the machine politicians and elitists you clearly love.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You didn't vote Labour in 1997, you voted New Labour so you were effectively voting Tory. Miliband has tried to take the party back to its core values of looking after the working class and disadvantaged, he's not done it perfectly by any means but he's earned the gratitude of people who are fed up of the machine politicians and elitists you clearly love.

No, people voted for labour. As far as I can recall Blair was voted in through the correct process. It was the Labour government in power.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

This. Blue Labour was a party of clones so people couldn't tell the difference between them and the Tories.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

New Labour, Old Labour, i started work when Old Labour were in.......just as bad, ran up debts as per then as well. Milliband "he's earned the gratitude of people"......earned what?, what exactly has the leader of the opposition "earned".

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

I find this "it wasn't Labour" fascinating. So the last real government was the one btw 1974-79? James Callaghan. That is a long time ago for a party not to be running the country. So can we judge Labour on their roaring success in the five years to 1979? 😄. Or do we need to go back to just after WWII for the real Labour Party?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I find this "it wasn't Labour" fascinating. So the last real government was the one btw 1974-79? James Callaghan. That is a long time ago for a party not to be running the country. So can we judge Labour on their roaring success in the five years to 1979? ��. Or do we need to go back to just after WWII for the real Labour Party?

Lest He Forget.

Tony Blair's 2004 pledge to hold a referendum on the EU constitution. Then he seemed rather keen to trust the British public to decide what's best for them. Now, not so much:

This is what Mr Blair said in the House of Commons:

Quote Once agreed - Parliament should debate it in detail and decide upon it. Then, let the people have the final say.

"It is time to resolve once and for all whether this country, Britain, wants to be at the centre and heart of European decision-making or not; time to decide whether our destiny lies as a leading partner and ally of Europe or on its margins.

"Let the Eurosceptics, whose true agenda we will expose, make their case. Let those of us who believe in Britain in Europe—not because of Europe alone, but because we believe in Britain and our national interest lying in Europe—make our case, too.

"Let the issue be put - and let the battle be joined."

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
I find this "it wasn't Labour" fascinating. So the last real government was the one btw 1974-79? James Callaghan. That is a long time ago for a party not to be running the country. So can we judge Labour on their roaring success in the five years to 1979? ��. Or do we need to go back to just after WWII for the real Labour Party?

New Labour old Labour they can call it what they like the end result will be the same"There is no money left"

No, people voted for labour. As far as I can recall Blair was voted in through the correct process. It was the Labour government in power.

New Labour was a lie. When Thatcher was asked what her greatest achievement was, she pointed to Blair. That's all you need to know.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lest He Forget.

Tony Blair's 2004 pledge to hold a referendum on the EU constitution. Then he seemed rather keen to trust the British public to decide what's best for them. Now, not so much:

Quote Once agreed - Parliament should debate it in detail and decide upon it. Then, let the people have the final say.

"It is time to resolve once and for all whether this country, Britain, wants to be at the centre and heart of European decision-making or not; time to decide whether our destiny lies as a leading partner and ally of Europe or on its margins.

"Let the Eurosceptics, whose true agenda we will expose, make their case. Let those of us who believe in Britain in Europe—not because of Europe alone, but because we believe in Britain and our national interest lying in Europe—make our case, too.

Fair enough ... but let's be even-handed about this.

Here's what David Cameron wrote in The Sun in 2007, three years before he was elected.

" If you really want to signal you’re a break from the past, Prime Minister, do the right thing – give the people the referendum you promised.

“Today, I will give this cast-iron guarantee: If I become PM a Conservative government will hold a referendum on any EU treaty that emerges from these negotiations. No treaty should be ratified without consulting the British people in a referendum.”

Not quite sure why you highlight Blair's broken promise but think it's all right for Cameron to do so. It's equally shabby by both of them IMO

Lest He Forget.

Hey, if you waste your vote for UKIP there will be no one complaining less than me

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Errr ?? Your link only goes to 2012 yet B4C3 goes to 2014. So quite clearly there are more nurses and doctors than there were in 2010 - unless maths in Germany is different ?

Only going so far fits his agenda he's not going to show the truth of the matter if it comes out against labour.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Fair enough ... but let's be even-handed about this.

Not quite sure why you highlight Blair's broken promise but think it's all right for Cameron to do so. It's equally shabby by both of them IMO

Erm, where have i said " but think it's all right for Cameron to do so"..... i haven't, hopefully this time Cameron will stick to his promise, Labour are not going to let the voters decide...democracy eh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here