Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm engrossed in watching Louis T, so will spare NSC another political thread and poll, and ask my question here:-

Does anyone actually believe their life will be noticeably different AFTER the general election, irrespective of the outcome.

Same old same old just maybe another colour

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Well, well, well
Dodgy yougov poll exposed
Comres/DailyMail telephone poll just out
Blues 36 Reds 32 biggest Tory lead for 5 (five) years
Don't have nightmares

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
S
I'm engrossed in watching Louis T, so will spare NSC another political thread and poll, and ask my question here:-

Does anyone actually believe their life will be noticeably different AFTER the general election, irrespective of the outcome.

No of course it won't. The only difference will be that if Labour get in everything that moves and most things that don't move will be taxed, or the tax already paid will increase, and the funds will go into re-creating the job creation scheme that was the vastly inflated public sector the last time around with massively increased bureaucracy and no discernible improvement in service quality. Oh yeah, that and the SNP will ride rings round them. If the Tories get in the public sector will continue to shrink to the point of complete incompetence, the rich will continue to get discernibly richer and the Labour Party will be a completely busted flush and will have to re-invent itself, again. But I have also just drunk 4 strong margaritas so I'm probably talking a load of complete tosh!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Cameron, a firm leader? What planet are you on? He plots a EU referendum purely to appease the far right of his party. He organises a Scottish referendum due to other pressures. He runs scared of Ed. A true leader would have brought his party into line (ie led) dealt with the pressure and stood up to the opposition. He'll be mincemeat come June regardless of the election outcome.

Where as Labour wouldn't have given the people of Scotland a democratic choice ? Actually freeze that question - Labour are refusing an EU referendum and last they they promised one they broke that promise ( a lie in laymans term's ). So it would appear Labour don't like democracy.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

It depends what you mean really doesn't it - My personal circumstance wouldn't change noticeably regardless of the makeup of a new government, many people's wouldn't. But then we don't all vote according to our personal circumstances do we? My main concern is, and always has been, how we care for and empower the most vulnerable in our society - Every time the nasties get in then the most needy are their primary target (well them, the NHS and the BBC) and so that if there's one thing that makes me happy right now it's that the prospect of a Tory majority is very unlikely.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Heaven knows;but if Labour or Labour /SNP get in, then watch out for substantial rises in Council Tax, petrol duty, and anything else they can get there feckless mitts on.
My biggest concern is the anti business rhetoric that belches forth from Milliband.......oh yes, and regardless of his politics, I just cannot see the man as PM of this country.
Life being noticeably different? Don't know, but it won't be a bundle of laughs a couple of years down the line, when the country's finances hit the buffers again.

D

Deleted member 22389

More Labour bollox posted through the door again. I'm going to keep this one, and if anyone from Labour knocks on my door I will use this to point out some mistakes.

Labour are obviously worried about UKIP because not the first time they keep saying Farage wants to scrap the NHS on the front page, which is wrong. It's a poor attempt to scare people. I don't like the Tories but at least the leaflets I have had through door make some sense.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Latest ComRes poll (28-29th March):

CON: 36% (+1)
LAB: 32% (-3)
UKIP: 12% (+2)
LDEM: 9% (+1)
GRN: 5% (-2)
Other: 6% (unch)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
More Labour bollox posted through the door again. I'm going to keep this one, and if anyone from Labour knocks on my door I will use this to point out some mistakes.

Labour are obviously worried about UKIP because not the first time they keep saying Farage wants to scrap the NHS on the front page, which is wrong. It's a poor attempt to scare people. I don't like the Tories but at least the leaflets I have had through door make some sense.

I think you will find that Labour candidates have been leafleted and instructed to not discuss immigration whilst visiting properties. Steer away from the subject is the ploy.

D

Deleted member 22389

I think you will find that Labour candidates have been leafleted and instructed to not discuss immigration whilst visiting properties. Steer away from the subject is the ploy.

I will make sure to bring the subject about immigration for this very reason.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Latest Populus poll (29th March):

CON: 34% (+3)
LAB: 34% (+1)
UKIP: 15% (-1)
LDEM: 8% (-1)
GRN: 4% (-1)
Other: 5%​

D

Deleted member 22389

Heaven knows;but if Labour or Labour /SNP get in, then watch out for substantial rises in Council Tax, petrol duty, and anything else they can get there feckless mitts on.
My biggest concern is the anti business rhetoric that belches forth from Milliband.......oh yes, and regardless of his politics, I just cannot see the man as PM of this country.
Life being noticeably different? Don't know, but it won't be a bundle of laughs a couple of years down the line, when the country's finances hit the buffers again.

My council tax is already £170.00 per month for a band D property, it's a bloody disgrace and we don't even get a good service from LDC for that money anyway.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
http://may2015.com/category/seat-calculator/

Have a go at this website, and post your results here. I mucked about with it the other day. Quite good fun.

ge201502.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here