NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you realise that the favourites don't win every race or even half of them ? #Bozzaclutchingatstraws

Yes I do. Do you believe that those odds are wrong?

That proves it then.

I'm not suggesting it proves anything. Certainly nothing more than [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]'s opinion poll numbers.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
its not 1, its 12. it completely refutes your point, but i know you'll ignore this.

you seem to be misunderstanding, i dont know if its deliberate or denial. i'll try once more. the major parties (Tory, Labour, Liberals) seek to represent all the nation, even if groups within the nation dont want them to represent them. the SNP only seek to represent one group, about 8% of the total population, and really want independance.

the premise that regions dont/wont like Scots getting more out of deal than they do is exactly what im talking about. the population are being made aware of make up of the union, they and their local MPs should question the Barnett formula and ask why the West Lothian question isnt being addressed. a strong SNP supporting a weak Labour government may lead to a heavily devolved, even federal, system in the UK which might be a good idea. but i doubt it would get that far, we'll end up with just more disproportionate influence to the Scots and their interests. some left wingers might think thats fine but it doesnt help Hastings or Blackburn or Lincoln if focus is on whats better for Greenock, Inverness and Dundee.

Spot on. My thoughts as well.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The Tories have one seat in Scotland. The Tories lead the coalition. What am I ignoring?
The most salient point of all. The Tories and for that matter the lib dems as well are in a government which doesn't wish to break up and destroy our country.

How can a party whose primary reason for being, is independence from the UK, participate in its governance? There is a terrible conflict of interest.

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Yes I do. Do you believe that those odds are wrong?

I'm not suggesting it proves anything. Certainly nothing more than [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]'s opinion poll numbers.

The trouble is when you troll certain political threads or click bait them or whatever you call it then nobody knows what your own opinion is so feel free to state it now

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The most salient point of all. The Tories and for that matter the lib dems as well are in a government which doesn't wish to break up and destroy our country.

How can a party whose primary reason for being, is independence from the UK, participate in its governance? There is a terrible conflict of interest.

It's a fair question. But the same could be asked of UKIP: how can a party whose primary reason for being is independence from the EU, participate in its governance? There is a terrible conflict of interest.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
It's a fair question. But the same could be asked of UKIP: how can a party whose primary reason for being is independence from the EU, participate in its governance? There is a terrible conflict of interest.

But UKIP are not attempting a leveraged power grab to disproportionately represent a minority of voters opposed to the EU.

Camicus

Sick to death of hearing about the SNP to be honest. More tory smoke and mirrors to evade their appalling record in government. Still McVey seems to be losing her seat so its not all bad

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Do you really think UKIP participate in the EU superstate's governance?

Furthermore, my reply dealt with Tory underrepresentation in Scotland whilst still being part of a coalition that governed the UK. Both of the parties in the coalition have the same fundamental core belief, that in the integrity of the United Kingdom. Labour should not fall into a trap with the SNP as it will, in the end, make them less electable in the future as they will further fuel the nationalists.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But UKIP are not attempting a leveraged power grab to disproportionately represent a minority of voters opposed to the EU.

Hmm... but that's because they have no power. It's a peculiarity of the British system that has given the SNP an additional boost but you can rest assured that if the EU system provided a similar fillip to UKIP they'd take advantage of it. Hell, they're already trying to milk the UK system

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-conservatives-eu-referendum-before-christmas

There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but I don't see that as any different from what SNP's trying to do

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hmm... but that's because they have no power. It's a peculiarity of the British system that has given the SNP an additional boost but you can rest assured that if the EU system provided a similar fillip to UKIP they'd take advantage of it. Hell, they're already trying to milk the UK system

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-conservatives-eu-referendum-before-christmas

There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but I don't see that as any different from what SNP's trying to do

It is COMPLETELY different. Scotland and the rest of the UK have been to all extents the same country, or at least, the same political union since 1707.

In 1973 and furthermore in a referendum held to determine whether Britain would join or remain in the common market, the British electorate voted yes. It wasn't until the 1980's that creeping federalism started to rear its ugly head. Ugly, why? Because at NO point were the British people ever asked if we wished to be part of a European superstate. No party in government has had the courage to allow a referendum on this question and until the rise of UKIP, it seemed that no party ever would. The Scots have at least been allowed to exercise their democratic right and vote on the question of independence. UKIP want a referendum on whether to stay or leave the EU. The EU is a completely different entity than a country and I fail to see how you could entertain the idea. I love the Europeans, genuinely love the countries I've been fortunate enough to visit and I also have a large number of Germans in my family. But my loyalty and true love is for this one. The EU cannot in any way superimpose itself over that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I have some news for you, the SNP have been participating in the UK's governance since 1967. They were voting on bills then, and they be voting on bills come May.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No party in government has had the courage to allow a referendum on this question and until the rise of UKIP. The Scots have at least been allowed to exercise their democratic right and vote on the question of independence.

More news for you, the whole of the UK can exercise their democratic right in May on the question of UK membership of the EU. A cross next to UKIP will do the trick.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
More news for you, the whole of the UK can exercise their democratic right in May on the question of UK membership of the EU. A cross next to UKIP will do the trick.

and I think more will than most think

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, Shapps threatened a member of the public with libel action and it turns out the member of the public was telling the truth. And Shapps apparently new this. Are people seriously going to vote for this lot?

http://gu.com/p/46kc5

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Exactly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here