Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GD is still important!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What about Falmer stadium? Surely you don't use the Sponsorship name for that one?

I was being flippant.

Whether or not the 'Premier League' is part of the official football league is a bit redundant considering it is still very much part of the Engllish league structure and hierarchy, and creating records excluding it is abit silly. It's much like the records sky reel off based solely since 1992. It's the kind of thing that should annoy the traditional football fan. Just saying.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What do you refer to the division we're currently in?

Second Division. I sometimes find it's easier to call it the Championship for instant recognition- although I try not to. When I use the term 'Second Division' on this forum no-one queries it.

Like [MENTION=33924]Nixonator[/MENTION] it's my rally against the Sky version of football.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I was being flippant.

Whether or not the 'Premier League' is part of the official football league is a bit redundant considering it is still very much part of the Engllish league structure and hierarchy, and creating records excluding it is abit silly. It's much like the records sky reel off based solely since 1992. It's the kind of thing that should annoy the traditional football fan. Just saying.

This has always happened in football though? What did people think with the way Arsenal got promoted or how MK dons came about?

Don't we all just go along with it?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This has always happened in football though? What did people think with the way Arsenal got promoted or how MK dons came about?

Don't we all just go along with it?

I'm guessing Tottenham Hotspur fans may have an expletive ridden response to that.

Still, it gave rise to the phrase 'sick as a parrot'.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Ok, so it might now be difficult to finish level with Burnley and overhaul them on GD,
BUT, if we can put enough past Charlton (plus the +2 we'd gain by winning at the Riverside), it means that if Boro only draw tomorrow or vs Brum then we don't need to win all three to go up.

Yes the three points are most important of course.
But don't throw that scenario out of the window just yet.

Added bonus that an unlikely draw at The Riverside tomorrow combined with a five-goal win for the Albion puts us top.

And of course it could mean only needing a draw on the final day for promotion.

Let's have it.

The best we can really hope for now is only needing a draw at Boro, so knocking 6 in today would be helpful! 3 points vital of course. Good luck boys.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The best we can really hope for now is only needing a draw at Boro, so knocking 6 in today would be helpful! 3 points vital of course. Good luck boys.

I must go to bed in a mo, the wine has kicked in. However can you imagine if Boro draw tomorrow and we win by 5 clear? I'm not suggesting we will, or they will, just the scenario, all on 87 points and us top of the league on goals scored and average. Now that would be a serious turn around for goal averages from the turn of February.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So Paul Rodgers captained us over the back to back titles?

I could've sworn Cullip was captain during that period?

Nonetheless, can't forget Rodgers.

Definitely Dodge. I've got a postcard with both squads showing him holding the cups.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Officially in the 'need to win all 3' camp.

After the collective results of the last 3/4 games it's clear we're going to have to do it the hard way

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can't see GD being that important now other than for deciding the title - unless Boro miraculously lose one and draw one. In which case, and assuming we've banged in a few beforehand, we could go there and still be able to get away with a narrow defeat. Can't see it happening but you never know in football.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Quietly confident that we can beat Charlton and Derby (but not by a hatful of goals), but I really am bemused at the number of posters on here who think we can get all 3 points at 'Boro - on their current form, and with home advantage, I just can't see it (sadly).

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Every time in the league loses sloppy points over the season

It's the 2 disgraceful penalties at Derby and Burnley that stick in my throat. Disgustingly bad refereeing decisions that have cost us 5 points vs Burnley and 4 points vs Boro. Nothing to do with sloppy play but simply awful refereeing.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Quietly confident that we can beat Charlton and Derby (but not by a hatful of goals), but I really am bemused at the number of posters on here who think we can get all 3 points at 'Boro - on their current form, and with home advantage, I just can't see it (sadly).
Of course we CAN get 3 points at Middlesbrough. Destiny, in the stars. However there is really no point in even getting that far ahead for now. Just need 100% focus on Charlton.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's the 2 disgraceful penalties at Derby and Burnley that stick in my throat. Disgustingly bad refereeing decisions that have cost us 5 points vs Burnley and 4 points vs Boro. Nothing to do with sloppy play but simply awful refereeing.

Agreed. That and the failure to send off Joey Barton for at the very least an accumulation of yellows in a game Burnley would never have salvaged with ten men.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here