Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GBNews: anyone watching?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So he's been cancelled by the news company that opposes cancelling?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Will the last one to leave please turn the lights off. Andrew Neil is going to return from his summer break to find an empty studio. Is this going to be to news programmes what 'Triangle' was to soaps?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
GB News has been plunged into crisis as news of a senior executive’s resignation emerged hours after a presenter was taken off air for symbolically taking the knee on screen, the Guardian has learned.

The rightwing TV channel is contending with other staff considering leaving amid management upheaval, collapsing ratings and plans for a relaunch after Guto Harri was “cancelled” by its viewers.

John McAndrew, the channel’s director of programming, has also quit the station, sources told the Guardian. McAndrew, a well-known figure in the television news industry who has a long track record at mainstream outlets including Sky News and Euronews, was considered to be the channel’s second-in-command and played a key role in convincing many of the more established mainstream presenters to join.

The incident comes amid a growing crisis at the channel, which launched only four-and-a-half weeks ago. Some senior off-air staff are understood to have left in recent days amid ongoing turmoil following the channel’s disastrous launch, which was plagued by technical difficulties.

They include Gill Penlington, a respected and experienced producer at rolling news channels such as CNN and Sky News who has worked in the past with the GB News chairman, Andrew Neil. She was brought in as a senior figure before launch, only to leave earlier this week. The departure of other key off-air figures could be announced imminently, according to sources at the channel.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/jul/16/gb-news-pulls-guto-harri-off-air-taking-the-knee-row

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
GB news has already achieved a very worthwhile objective .. causing yet another round of obssesive bed wetting from the totally unrepresentative woke/twitterati while feeding their echo chamber addiction .... [emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
GB news has already achieved a very worthwhile objective .. causing yet another round of obssesive bed wetting from the totally unrepresentative woke/twitterati while feeding their echo chamber addiction .... [emoji122]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Using all the very best hits of cliched new conservative tropes is a brilliant way to accuse other people of existing within an echo chamber. :ffsparr:

In a nutshell this is why GBnews is failing isn't it? A tiny audience all railing against 'woke' in their little circle jerk, which is then brought crashing down by one of the faithful marching to a slightly different tune. On one solitary occasion. Freedom of speech!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Given the outrage from the right when someone took a knee on GB News are you really in a position to accuse anyone else of being in an "echo chamber"?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I don’t think anybody has really noticed.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Dry your eyes mate. The nation has voted with its feet. You are very much in the minority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here