GBNews: anyone watching?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jan 30, 2008
Tv types get the figures. Back In The day when I worked in advertising research (2002-2005) it was all collected by BARB. No idea how it works now. We used to get loads of data to analyse which showed demographic breakdowns. It used to be done via a set top box collecting info from loads of homes. Not sure now - easy with better tech I expect. I am sure if you Google it you can see but these days it is likely to be far more digitised.

This information is used to sell advertising space. So for example if you are TOWIE you attract young women so brands like John smiths would not advertise in TOWIE. So with the old folk watching GBeebies I assume the adds will start being for funeral plans, walk in baths etc. Basically similar to countdown, I guess. More men though so will be a bit different.

I am sure if you pay barb then you would get access too. A mountain of data.

You will note that Andrew Neil was tweeting all evening figures in opening night vs the rolling news channels. He went very quiet for a few days when they dipped. Then today he tweets comparing his flagship interview with the chancellor at 8pm to the exact same time on bbc news and sky news. He keeps comparing their viewing figures to rolling news channels but celebrates they are not one. Why doesn’t he compare himself to newsnight or Peston?

https://youtu.be/fqt-1q_lceE
Just for you then
Regards
DF

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Some of these fruit cakes will swear blind that 48% is greater than 52%. I’m embarrassed on their behalf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:lolol:
Although he could well be a wedding cake, at this point I won't be icing him.

Tv types get the figures. Back In The day when I worked in advertising research (2002-2005) it was all collected by BARB. No idea how it works now. We used to get loads of data to analyse which showed demographic breakdowns. It used to be done via a set top box collecting info from loads of homes. Not sure now - easy with better tech I expect. I am sure if you Google it you can see but these days it is likely to be far more digitised.

This information is used to sell advertising space. So for example if you are TOWIE you attract young women so brands like John smiths would not advertise in TOWIE. So with the old folk watching GBeebies I assume the adds will start being for funeral plans, walk in baths etc. Basically similar to countdown, I guess. More men though so will be a bit different.

I am sure if you pay barb then you would get access too. A mountain of data.

You will note that Andrew Neil was tweeting all evening figures in opening night vs the rolling news channels. He went very quiet for a few days when they dipped. Then today he tweets comparing his flagship interview with the chancellor at 8pm to the exact same time on bbc news and sky news. He keeps comparing their viewing figures to rolling news channels but celebrates they are not one. Why doesn’t he compare himself to newsnight or Peston?

Forgive me if I am wrong but I get the impression that your pension isn't too far away?

I never watch Newsnight they send me to sleep. Peston always looks like he has jumped up off a park bench after a session on special brew. Surely Andy will blow them away in the long run.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just scrolled through the tv and radio channels I can get on my old tv +ariel and GB News isn't on the list ! marvellous scenes, I can watch RT and Al Jazzera though, both are probably slightly less biased channels.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
:lolol:
Although he could well be a wedding cake, at this point I won't be icing him.

Forgive me if I am wrong but I get the impression that your pension isn't too far away?

I never watch Newsnight they send me to sleep. Peston always looks like he has jumped up off a park bench after a session on special brew. Surely Andy will blow them away in the long run.

I plan on retiring early but I am 41. That was my first graduate job.

I hope the information I provided about viewing figures was useful.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
TBH on the few occasions I've checked this out it seems to be spreading blandness not hate. The presenters seem to be having a nice time and all get on well with each other but if anything it seems to lack 'bite' (and even bile). Not sure it delivers on its promises but equally I'm not sure it's the evil empire that some feared. Has it got a distinctive voice in a crowded media landscape? Could be a case of the bland leading the blind.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
TBH on the few occasions I've checked this out it seems to be spreading blandness not hate. The presenters seem to be having a nice time and all get on well with each other but if anything it seems to lack 'bite' (and even bile). Not sure it delivers on its promises but equally I'm not sure it's the evil empire that some feared. Has it got a distinctive voice in a crowded media landscape? Could be a case of the bland leading the blind.

Will you be removing your rubber sheet now?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Before the watershed too. I'm not even going there with the misplaced apostrophe.

InkedGM.MinersPension_LI.jpg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Will you be removing your rubber sheet now?

I can’t believe that there is an active thread visited daily by many, with plus 500 posts about a shit news channel ffs [emoji2357]

The sooner people get back to work the better!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports