Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GBNews: anyone watching?

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Typical wokeys moneing about GB news and using there bully boy cancel culture which i hate which is why I’m never going to buy ikea or nivea again until they re start advertising on the channel

Regards

DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I appreciate that my presence isn't wanted here and you all want to throw shit at each other. I also still haven't watched any spoons TV but this popped up on my twitter feed and having watched it I felt like I learned something.

[TWEET]1405263236400926730[/TWEET]

Still not planning on tuning in but anyway. That's a good intro. It's better than anything I ever heard on GMTV.

Did they mention the 200bn lost during the Brexit transition period and the 117bn additional costs to UK businesses (which excedes the cost of EU membership) ?

I would have mentioned that the deficit and borrowing was the highest it has ever been even before the pandemic and 10 years of austerity

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
He is a very good political journalist, probably one of the best (if not the best) political interviewers. I really miss This Week. It takes act of genius to make a programme work with Michael Portillo on one side and Diane Abbott on the other as regular guests.

This week was superb. Its badly missed. It feels like the numbers are so big that the general public can't get their heads round it and go back to arguing about who can sit in the gender fluid bog.

The question most news programs should be asking is how much shit are we in if Interest rates - as they surely must - go up?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Absolute delight to see this gammon fest go up in smoke just days in and advertisers pulling the plug by the second. We never needed another news channel in what we already have, unless you are racist.

It’s not about being racist at all actually. Most GBNews viewers are only subconsciously racist rather than it being a lifestyle choice.

It’s a TV news channel for people who don’t believe in academia. People who don’t believe in scientific method or research driven facts.

We simply haven’t catered for the uneducated masses with our news output in this Country. They can read nonsense in the Sun but no one has had the bottle to go on TV and actually say that sort of shite until now.

However slow or simple folk are, they have democratic rights the same as you and I and are entitled to vote, it follows that they should be given their own News service (like Americans get with Fox) where they can hear what they want instead of having to put up with the sort of proven or well researched facts they get on other News outlets. That’s only fair as people of a limited disposition are the majority in this country.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Did they mention the 200bn lost during the Brexit transition period and the 117bn additional costs to UK businesses (which excedes the cost of EU membership) ?

I would have mentioned that the deficit and borrowing was the highest it has ever been even before the pandemic and 10 years of austerity

Maybe GB's Andrew "We are proud to be British" Neil should talk about the French economy as that's where you live mate..

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It’s not about being racist at all actually. Most GBNews viewers are only subconsciously racist rather than it being a lifestyle choice.

It’s a TV news channel for people who don’t believe in academia. People who don’t believe in scientific method or research driven facts.

We simply haven’t catered for the uneducated masses with our news output in this Country. They can read nonsense in the Sun but no one has had the bottle to go on TV and actually say that sort of shite until now.

However slow or simple folk are, they have democratic rights the same as you and I and are entitled to vote, it follows that they should be given their own News service (like Americans get with Fox) where they can hear what they want instead of having to put up with the sort of proven or well researched facts they get on other News outlets. That’s only fair as people of a limited disposition are the majority in this country.

And you wonder why the Labour Party will not see the key to Number 10 for many years?
Extraordinary, even from someone like you.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
And you wonder why the Labour Party will not see the key to Number 10 for many years?
Extraordinary, even from someone like you.

His statements got **** all to do with the labour party, its just a statement of facts.

I agree the labour party, like the tory party are horribly out of touch dinosaurs. It's just the Tories know how to load dice and win the game.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Do you remember the kid at school who would keep shouting BUM, POO,WILLY as loud as they could in the desperate hope that someone would give them some attention ?

I guess even the most woke, liberal, snowflake, leftwaffe roof tiler from Moulscoomb will have their limits

before they feel compelled to physically abuse their kids :lolol:

You say you want it dog you niggas must be silly
I got that thingy mate I tuck it by my willy
And you can hate me but you know you gotta feel me
Now hit a nigga up have me spinning like a Frisbee

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You say you want it dog you niggas must be silly
I got that thingy mate I tuck it by my willy
And you can hate me but you know you gotta feel me
Now hit a nigga up have me spinning like a Frisbee

I see you’ve got skillz. You should head off into St Pauls and perform that on a few street corners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There are obviously a variety of conspiracy theories but really long term the investors would like a return on their money. Arguably those investors abroad wouldn't be experts on how the UK audience would react to the content.

They have cocked up editorially and have cocked up technically.

Irrespective of how you are I like the content, they have to exist within a regulatory framework and would only have obtained a broadcast licence if they planned to do so.

If they've cocked up, it doesnt matter in the long term. It gives another voice to right wing populism, which is the strongest movement in the Western world. Over and over again underestimated in size by liberal media, the right-wing populism sentiment of our populations is really large, which is how say Trump somehow managed to win that election in 2016, shocking parts of the liberal establishment who had been trying to help Hilary Clinton win the election and were convinced she would do so - because they dont really understand the working class.

They think the working class ceased because they no longer see dirty drunk miners on the street, but the thing is that it just changed in shape. That kindergarten teacher is now the working class. When people leave their kids at the kindergarten, they imagine that the kindergarten teacher is like them, probably living in their own neighboorhood with a decent house and so forth, while in reality he or she is probably living in some small apartment somewhere just getting by in life, paying a dirty expensive rent while making very little money. This person is frustrated and will seek and find others who are frustrated. Right wing populism is where this teacher is most likely to end up, because he or she is not struggling with racism, transphobia or whatever it may be, he or she is struggling with how the society is built as a whole - and the closest allies he or she will find are the right wing populists, because the left lost the working class: most leftist questions these days are something you have a luxuary to take care about, not something that applies to a majority.

Why is it good for business to strenghten the right wing populism? Because there's no (or at best flawed) power analysis in that group. They truly believe that "culture" or "cultural marxists" are ruling the countries. The Guardian, BLM, pride organisations, immigrants PC politicians... right wing populists actually believe that these are in charge of society, that these are the ones suppressing them and making society poor and difficult. They dont understand the immense power of finance and fail to understand their influence over our societes. They are going to go berzerk over someone removing some shite christmas song on the radio because they think that there's were the oppression is - not in huge greedy banks, property owners, owners of transnational tax escaping companies and so forth. They're not doing an analysis of that, its not within their reach.

This means by promoting right wing populism, you are also strengthening the positions of the oligopol. Liberals and leftists fail to understand the needs and suffering of the working class, giving them no option, and right wing populism fail to make a plausible power analysis, making the actual people in power very happy with their growth. So down the road, investors investing in right-wing populism are very likely to get their money back since they want the majority of people to be part of a movement that doesnt challenge them. And it could very well happen.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If they've cocked up, it doesnt matter in the long term. It gives another voice to right wing populism, which is the strongest movement in the Western world. Over and over again underestimated in size by liberal media, the right-wing populism sentiment of our populations is really large, which is how say Trump somehow managed to win that election in 2016, shocking parts of the liberal establishment who had been trying to help Hilary Clinton win the election and were convinced she would do so - because they dont really understand the working class.

They think the working class ceased because they no longer see dirty drunk miners on the street, but the thing is that it just changed in shape. That kindergarten teacher is now the working class. When people leave their kids at the kindergarten, they imagine that the kindergarten teacher is like them, probably living in their own neighboorhood with a decent house and so forth, while in reality he or she is probably living in some small apartment somewhere just getting by in life, paying a dirty expensive rent while making very little money. This person is frustrated and will seek and find others who are frustrated. Right wing populism is where this teacher is most likely to end up, because he or she is not struggling with racism, transphobia or whatever it may be, he or she is struggling with how the society is built as a whole - and the closest allies he or she will find are the right wing populists, because the left lost the working class: most leftist questions these days are something you have a luxuary to take care about, not something that applies to a majority.

Why is it good for business to strenghten the right wing populism? Because there's no (or at best flawed) power analysis in that group. They truly believe that "culture" or "cultural marxists" are ruling the countries. The Guardian, BLM, pride organisations, immigrants PC politicians... right wing populists actually believe that these are in charge of society, that these are the ones suppressing them and making society poor and difficult. They dont understand the immense power of finance and fail to understand their influence over our societes. They are going to go berzerk over someone removing some shite christmas song on the radio because they think that there's were the oppression is - not in huge greedy banks, property owners, owners of transnational tax escaping companies and so forth. They're not doing an analysis of that, its not within their reach.

This means by promoting right wing populism, you are also strengthening the positions of the oligopol. Liberals and leftists fail to understand the needs and suffering of the working class, giving them no option, and right wing populism fail to make a plausible power analysis, making the actual people in power very happy with their growth. So down the road, investors investing in right-wing populism are very likely to get their money back since they want the majority of people to be part of a movement that doesnt challenge them. And it could very well happen.

A lot of that is true but some may not be. My kids” kindergarten teacher was the sort who’d cross the road to buy The Guardian and only wanted kids with special needs in her class.

Most right wing populists on the UK are still just like Ferg and Baker. Late middle aged blokes in designer gear who want to be able to go back to using the N word in public.

GB TV is perfect for them. Rod Liddle and Richard Littlepenis are their gods.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I see you’ve got skillz. You should head off into St Pauls and perform that on a few street corners

Cause she got some big titties
Wife hoes, you ain't serious
Bought her heels, you hilarious
White whip, red interiors
That’s a white chick on her period......

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As I keep saying, Tyrone Mings said that the gesture was first agreed between AVFC and SUFC in the first EPL game following the death of GF at the hands of a US policeman in Minneapolis. There were other protests in the U.K. at the time concerning his death.

I don’t recall any gestures by the England Team or in the wider football league BEFORE he was killed.

That’s my view based on the interview I saw with Mings and how the events unfolded last year. If you can provide details of the games where there was players kneeling before GF death be my guest.

Gotta be honest, this is hard work. I've already said I don't have any 'evidence' for you. But I'm sure it wouldn't change your point of view even if I did.

So Mings says the gesture was agreed after the death of George Floyd. That' great. What I'M saying is that the 'movement' has evolved to cover the infinitely broader spectrum of racism in general – including online abuse and hate, which is what a lot of footballers have to put up with, in this day and age. Remember the social media blackout the other week? It's all related.

But I'm sure that deep down you know all that, but you're – for some reason – deciding to ignore it. So I think we'll leave it there because I'm losing the will to live.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Gotta be honest, this is hard work. I've already said I don't have any 'evidence' for you. But I'm sure it wouldn't change your point of view even if I did.

So Mings says the gesture was agreed after the death of George Floyd. That' great. What I'M saying is that the 'movement' has evolved to cover the infinitely broader spectrum of racism in general – including online abuse and hate, which is what a lot of footballers have to put up with, in this day and age. Remember the social media blackout the other week? It's all related.

But I'm sure that deep down you know all that, but you're – for some reason – deciding to ignore it. So I think we'll leave it there because I'm losing the will to live.

Greg, as you know this “movement” in England started with the fallout of the death of GF, and US wide protests against US police brutality. Those protests when they arose in the U.K. were divisive, not because people agreed with US Police brutality but because they led to violence and vandalism in the U.K. that was completely unnecessary.

At that point, lines and interpretations of the protests (under the banner of BLM) were drawn, and it was not a binary case of racists vs anti racists. You may recall Sky gave its reporters a choice of using kick it out badges instead of BLM badges in order that they were able to distance themselves from BLM as a political movement.

If those protests linked to the BLM movement and GF’s death have now translated into a more U.K. specific movement to include the effects of hateful posts on social media (I thought that was now Hope Utd) then those on that side should do whatever they can to distance themselves from the divisive violence and vandalism connected to BLM.

That’s not controversial, but it’s why resentment to taking the knee exists, and will continue. Simply saying it isn’t isn’t enough, if it’s UK issues we are confronting let’s confront them without the baggage of a killing due to US police brutality.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
IMG-20210617-WA0003.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here