Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GBNews: anyone watching?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Isn’t it colossally expensive to run an out and out 24 hour news channel?

ITV threw in the towel with their attempt.

But it's not a 24 hour news channel in the usual sense. I presume they pay a fee for a news feed coming in provided by a new agency.

They aren't running news bulletins they are mainly just commenting on the news and having a few guest based chat shows.

Andrew Neil will do a big interview every now and then, but it doesn't cost anything to get the Chancellor in.

When they were looking round for investment the internal tag line was "Rent the news, own the personalities and analysis"

It's all commentary. A bit like the paper review on Sky (extended over the day) but without the impartial host :)

Good article:

https://www.ft.com/content/32078324-d4b5-44a9-b457-b3184c54b8bc

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Round here, if you shine bright, you could die Mond'
That's the hood, nigga, don't take it personal

Niggas talking about swag I'm the main man you crazy
Looking like I've been making money since the 80s
H on my belt, it ain't nothing coz I get it
And don't ask a ****** the price I didn't check it.
To be honest it’s difficult to know what and who is racist anymore. There will be England fans booing the players taking the knee that are definitely racist according to some commentators.

Then again, there are other prominent England fans that regularly use the term “nigga” and perpetuate sexist tropes that are literally celebrated by the England team and its management.

https://genius.com/Krept-and-konan-same-shit-lyrics

All this weed all this drink
Can't be good for my liver and lungs
But I ain't stopping no
I know she ****ing other ******'s, true
But I don't care I'm still hitting that pussy........

What craft.......
Maybe we should consider communicating with each other through the medium of U.K. rap stars Krept and Konan. They represent modern multicultural England, support the England football team and through their art they provide a rich seam of linguistics we can fold in to our communication with each other........

https://www.google.com/search?q=krept & konan%2 0don't waste my time

Pray to the Lord nigga..........

Do you remember the kid at school who would keep shouting BUM, POO,WILLY as loud as they could in the desperate hope that someone would give them some attention ?

I guess even the most woke, liberal, snowflake, leftwaffe roof tiler from Moulscoomb will have their limits

before they feel compelled to physically abuse their kids :lolol:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Do you remember the kid at school who would keep shouting BUM, POO,WILLY as loud as they could in the desperate hope that someone would give them some attention ?

I guess even the most woke, liberal, snowflake, leftwaffe roof tiler from Moulscoomb will have their limits

before they feel compelled to physically abuse their kids :lolol:

Pathetic, isn't it?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I appreciate that my presence isn't wanted here and you all want to throw shit at each other. I also still haven't watched any spoons TV but this popped up on my twitter feed and having watched it I felt like I learned something.

[TWEET]1405263236400926730[/TWEET]

Still not planning on tuning in but anyway. That's a good intro. It's better than anything I ever heard on GMTV.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I appreciate that my presence isn't wanted here and you all want to throw shit at each other. I also still haven't watched any spoons TV but this popped up on my twitter feed and having watched it I felt like I learned something.

[TWEET]1405263236400926730[/TWEET]

Still not planning on tuning in but anyway. That's a good intro. It's better than anything I ever heard on GMTV.

He is a very good political journalist, probably one of the best (if not the best) political interviewers. I really miss This Week. It takes act of genius to make a programme work with Michael Portillo on one side and Diane Abbott on the other as regular guests.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Spiked Online :lolol: Good to see you like a balanced read. It's a bit like when a left winger talks about balance and quotes The Canary. I wouldn't read either as I do like balance.

As for GBNews. It seems like a glorified UKIP YouTube channel. The crusties shouldn't worry over it.

Good for you [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He is a very good political journalist, probably one of the best (if not the best) political interviewers. I really miss This Week. It takes act of genius to make a programme work with Michael Portillo on one side and Diane Abbott on the other as regular guests.

The only bugbear for me was that it was on so late at night, when I had a rigid hours job I had to get up to.

A great programme. AN is quality.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Absolute delight to see this gammon fest go up in smoke just days in and advertisers pulling the plug by the second. We never needed another news channel in what we already have, unless you are racist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here