Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GBNews: anyone watching?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I wonder how long till these pages will be cheering on loons harassing GB journalists in the street..........I will go for page 41.

That's an interesting scenario. That you've completely invented inside your head.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
They seem to be going all in on the creating 'outrageous' clips that are shareable on social media business model. To be fair, it does work.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If I had a rotten banana and wrote "right wing" on it a certain sentiment of the global population would love that banana for no other reason than the label.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is not the wisest move by Andrew Neil. It wasn't IKEAUK and it was over 10 years ago. It smacks of hitting out because IKEAUK have pulled their advertising,

[tweet]1404937576453136384[/tweet]

It's quite an eye-opener how all of these companies' advertising representatives just seemingly do their advert placement without doing the research into where they're doing the placement. Lot of companies left with egg on their faces on this one and, er, SCRAMBLING to regain the moral high ground. Amusing to watch the fallout

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I may have missed it, I’ve only scanned this thread of late but I note there’s not been one word or example from the right wing wallys on here, of anything that’s actually good about the “news” channel. Just the usual “bedwetter” and “this is what we need” garbage.
Us lefty loons have been able to cite examples and give reasons why it’s not working. NSC’s right leaning mob have just sort of dribbled a bit. As per.

And for the record I haven’t watched a second of it. In the same fashion that I haven’t watched a second of the racist videos Das Reich posts, it’s not for me.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Yeah, not to mention that all those with an AEG oven must be dismantling it from the gas supply as we speak.............

will England fans boo players if they play in Qatar? Cos we're all so politically switched on these days....

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Who needs Gbeebies when you have Madeley consistently out Partridging Partridge. If he is playing up to it, he is a comedy genius. But if not - he is the thickest skinned, most self absorbed man in history not to see or care what a parody he is.

[TWEET]1405057516548075521[/TWEET]

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Oh, are they going to employ some journalists, then?

Well there are journalists and then journalists.......

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/im-gonna-fing-bang-you-20800301

Nick Watt must be holding his manhood cheap today, pissing his pants and on his toes from a woman with a pride umbrella and a pissed up Donald Sutherland impersonator (see Kelly’s Heroes).

He deserves contempt for his lack of backbone..........that situation was as frightening as the soft toy floor in Hamleys.........even the old bill stood about laughing.

What a complete melt.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's quite an eye-opener how all of these companies' advertising representatives just seemingly do their advert placement without doing the research into where they're doing the placement. Lot of companies left with egg on their faces on this one and, er, SCRAMBLING to regain the moral high ground. Amusing to watch the fallout

Yup bit embarrasing for them but this Andrew Neil guy really isnt helping himself. Its not like this sad outburst against one of their escaped advertisers is going to make other companies line up to advertise on their TV channel.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
will England fans boo players if they play in Qatar? Cos we're all so politically switched on these days....

We won’t need to, our politically switched on FA, Football Manager and players surely won’t be playing there.

As I understand it the UN have produced a number if Human Rights reports calling out the structural racism in Qatar that has resulted in hundreds of deaths of migrant works particularly as part of the stadium building programme.

If the players are having a kneel in English and European matches because of systemic police brutality in the US how could they reconcile that stance (no pun intended) with heading over to Qatar to play a tournament in stadiums built on the backs of dead migrants. By taking part in that tournament the FA would be further enriching the very same Qatari establishment that was responsible for those deaths.

Or maybe the kneeling is just a bit of window dressing for now and once they sniff the moolah they will say **** the migrants, what goes on tour stays on tour..........after all it’s not the US.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've not actively sought out GB News in the conventional sense, but I've seen a few of the video clips and read a lot of comments online about it. That, itself, speaks volumes about the sort of business model it's going for – clearly out of the Fox News mould, but on a much, MUCH lower budget.

Will it be able to replicate the success Fox has in the US over here? I seriously doubt it. Once all the fuss dies down, it will be just be left with the usual suspects watching it – telling people how DELIGHTED that they that they don't have to go near the 'Woke, politically correct cucks' on the BBC. Which is a bit weird when you think about it.

I've not got a problem with GB News, to be honest. Let 'them' have their TV channel, with the presenters who are telling viewers what they want to hear and agreeing their formed opinions. If it continues, at least people won't be able to say shit like "you can't say anything any more without offending someone" :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We won’t need to, our politically switched on FA, Football Manager and players surely won’t be playing there.

As I understand it the UN have produced a number if Human Rights reports calling out the structural racism in Qatar that has resulted in hundreds of deaths of migrant works particularly as part of the stadium building programme.

If the players are having a kneel in English and European matches because of systemic police brutality in the US how could they reconcile that stance (no pun intended) with heading over to Qatar to play a tournament in stadiums built on the backs of dead migrants. By taking part in that tournament the FA would be further enriching the very same Qatari establishment that was responsible for those deaths.

Or maybe the kneeling is just a bit of window dressing for now and once they sniff the moolah they will say **** the migrants, what goes on tour stays on tour..........after all it’s not the US.

That's not why they're kneeling.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I've not actively sought out GB News in the conventional sense, but I've seen a few of the video clips and read a lot of comments online about it. That, itself, speaks volumes about the sort of business model it's going for – clearly out of the Fox News mould, but on a much, MUCH lower budget.

Will it be able to replicate the success Fox has in the US over here? I seriously doubt it. Once all the fuss dies down, it will be just be left with the usual suspects watching it – telling people how DELIGHTED that they that they don't have to go near the 'Woke, politically correct cucks' on the BBC. Which is a bit weird when you think about it.

I've not got a problem with GB News, to be honest. Let 'them' have their TV channel, with the presenters who are telling viewers what they want to hear and agreeing their formed opinions. If it continues, at least people won't be able to say shit like "you can't say anything any more without offending someone" :thumbsup:

Yep - it is my new "go to" when adverts are on just for a quick glimpse. Just saw a woman interviewing a bloke in Skegness about what people had to complain about. Her face was thunder when he replies that people were upset it was taking a few weeks to get a plumber out. Just get a Polish.... oh. :)

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

No the FA made it clear in their statement it is not politically motivated, only the booing fans say it's about politics, so am expecting similar politcal stances....

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That's not why they're kneeling.

He’s got a point on this occasion though. The players are kneeling to highlight racism. Fair enough. The families of those dead migrant workers might ask what these millionaire players are doing to highlight their treatment. Of course we can’t solve all the world’s problems, but at the same time surely there are limits to where our players’ consciences will allow them to play given the moral stance they are clearly willing to take on other issues ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

....By taking part in that tournament the FA would be further enriching the very same Qatari establishment that was responsible for those deaths.

Don't worry. The FA have a robust plan in place to both participate in the Qatari World Cup whilst simultaneously allowing the players to register their profound disapproval regarding the living / working conditions and fatalities of thousands of migrant workers involved in constructing the stadiums.

...BT have been approached to pay for 26 'warm-up' t-shirts* :thumbsup:

* that they won't be allowed to wear

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He’s got a point on this occasion though. The players are kneeling to highlight racism. Fair enough. The families of those dead migrant workers might ask what these millionaire players are doing to highlight their treatment. Of course we can’t solve all the world’s problems, but at the same time surely there are limits to where our players’ consciences will allow them to play given the moral stance they are clearly willing to take on other issues ?

Personally I would like to see our players boycott the tournament. I can't see it happening but it would be good.

Like when we boycotted USA 94.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here