Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GBNews: anyone watching?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Were they pro or anti rising anti-Semitism? I only ask because I thought caring about minorities suffering was a bit too "woke" for them?

It was an interview with the editor of the JC, talking about the upsurge in attacks on Jews, also talking about the ISIS convoy that terrorised North London a few weeks back , screaming “ murder Jews and rape Jewish women “ from their cars.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Didn't quite catch the Ikea thing this morning on the BBC.
They (BBC) implied that other advertisers had pulled their adverts because they had not booked them for the channel. Playing adverts from company A for free hoping company B would join them maybe. Although I suspect this goes on a lot elsewhere.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
They (BBC) implied that other advertisers had pulled their adverts because they had not booked them for the channel. Playing adverts from company A for free hoping company B would join them maybe. Although I suspect this goes on a lot elsewhere.

More likely they pay a third party to run their adverts who then arrange which channels they run on. I am sure Ikea have better things to do with their time than arrange for adverts on Talking Pictures, Armed Forces TV, Movies for Men etc.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have enjoyed watching the the Andrew Neil hour.
Excellent pieces on the Oz trade deal, rising anti semitism in the UK and a very good interview with Simon Fanshawe. He also covered the disgusting attack on the BBC journalist on Whitehall.
Still a few sound issues but improving.

He is an outstanding presenter/interviewer.

Their problem is that AN can only fill one slot. From what I can see most of the rest appear giggly amateurs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
30 plus pages of froth speckled indignation about a supposedly irrelevant news channel with the execution proficiency of Mark Farrington.

I wonder how long till these pages will be cheering on loons harassing GB journalists in the street..........I will go for page 41.

What a time to be alive.

Oh, are they going to employ some journalists, then?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
He is an outstanding presenter/interviewer.

Their problem is that AN can only fill one slot. From what I can see most of the rest appear giggly amateurs.

I watch the Andrew Neil hour on my IPad on the rattler.
The rest is a bit Meh.. I give it to Christmas. Cannot see Wooton lasting long if he keeps inviting loons like Colin Cambell on.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Certainly suggests he's rattled, and would (I imagine) be unlikely to be bought up if it was just the one advertiser

I have no doubt as soon as AN found out that Ikea were advertising on the channel he asked for them to be removed as he felt so strongly that they didn't fit in with the GB News image.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What particular show was this on? Truly shocking if true.

Judging by the clip circling online (I've never watched a minute of the channel and have no intention of doing so) it appears to be Dan Wootton's show where the incident took place (which appears in the post by Thunder Bolt further up).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It was an interview with the editor of the JC, talking about the upsurge in attacks on Jews, also talking about the ISIS convoy that terrorised North London a few weeks back , screaming “ murder Jews and rape Jewish women “ from their cars.

You should think of something to do to show your solidarity with them. Maybe take a knee?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I have no doubt as soon as AN found out that Ikea were advertising on the channel he asked for them to be removed as he felt so strongly that they didn't fit in with the GB News image.

Can't spell "IKEA - The Wonderful Everyday" without "woke"

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Judging by the clip circling online (I've never watched a minute of the channel and have no intention of doing so) it appears to be Dan Wootton's show where the incident took place (which appears in the post by Thunder Bolt further up).

Yes, I’ve seen it. Cannot see the wootton show lasting if he invites loons like Colin on.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

I used to work in advertising Research but stopped about 15 years ago. The game then was basically that ad agencies designed the ads and then a media agency bought the media. It always used to be done in TVRs or GRPs (if I remember correctly). The company stated who they wanted to advertise to and the media agency bought the ads. So the client might say “our target is women aged 16-25” so they might target TOWIE or John smiths might say C2DE males so they target football etc. The company just buys numbers and would rarely have a say in which channels. I guess now they might stipulate not going to some.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
This is not the wisest move by Andrew Neil. It wasn't IKEAUK and it was over 10 years ago. It smacks of hitting out because IKEAUK have pulled their advertising,

[tweet]1404937576453136384[/tweet]

I guess he could have gone back a bit further to get the money shot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14661582

Given their history this kind of attitude is a case of plus ca change,

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can't spell "IKEA - The Wonderful Everyday" without "woke"

Also Anti-Woke. Andrew. Khan. Whine. Fawn. Ratfink. Hunkier. Faked. Drunk. Driver. Daltery.

Some of these words may apply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here