Well done paul keep up the good work

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good to seem back still a legend

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
That's the best he has looked in a long time. How long it will last is anyone's guess. Hope he has finally sorted him self out

macky

Dec 28, 2004
He'll f*** up again.

I know what you mean but ihope your wrong He seems to have the right attitude at the moment
he's a national treasure

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Read an interview with him the other day. He still seemed to be in denial about some of the stuff he's done. Beating up his ex missus, for example. The drink driving. Didn't seem to accept that either episode was his fault in any way and blamed other factors.

Great player in his time, but I'm not convinced he's a national treasure, not any more.

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
Yeah I read that interview, he always does one when he is not drinking, same old stuff and didn't like what he had to say about his family although you never know exactly what has gone on. Good luck to him though.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I know what you mean but ihope your wrong He seems to have the right attitude at the moment
he's a national treasure

err when he could this, perhaps...................
thumbnail.aspx

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Awful bloke, and not a national treasure in any way.

Hope he sorts his life out though, obviously.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Brilliant footballer in his day; complete disaster as a person, though, sadly.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
always wanted to play for england shame the same cant be said for the current lot
i know he had personal problems But so do a lot of people should have had a manager that took care of him

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Jan 09-

"Paul Gascoigne has attacked makers of a Channel 4 documentary featuring his 12-year-old son Regan for allegedly turning his son against him.

England football legend Paul Gascoigne said drink and drug addictions nearly killed him in 2008.

Regan is seen telling the programme: "If I could wish, I would wish that he would go away from us. He's probably going to die soon.

"Everyone thinks he's Gazza but because he's the top player doesn't mean he's a good dad or good person to be with, does it really?

"I don't think there's any point in helping him," he says.

He adds: "He's my dad. He should have helped and seen me all these years.

"I don't want to waste all my tears on him. I feel bad and sorry for him because he's in this kind of state but it's not our fault"."

Remember watching that documentary. That kid was crying real tears!!

Great footballer-oh yes!! National treasure-nah!!

Oct 25, 2003
the nature of his illness is that every now and again he'll seem fine, this period is often accompanied by some mental scheme that he gets ridiculously excited about and trying to build bridges with his family

however, it's only a matter of time before he's at rock bottom again.....back on the drink, isolating his loved ones and running around quayside hotels screaming

i was stood a matter of INCHES from him in my local tescos once when i lived in newcastle, i ended up kind of staring at him with my mouth wide open, he was very nice and friendly though once i plucked up the courage to actually speak......it was about a week before his hotel incident and he looked like shit

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Jan 09-

"Paul Gascoigne has attacked makers of a Channel 4 documentary featuring his 12-year-old son Regan for allegedly turning his son against him.

England football legend Paul Gascoigne said drink and drug addictions nearly killed him in 2008.

Regan is seen telling the programme: "If I could wish, I would wish that he would go away from us. He's probably going to die soon.

"Everyone thinks he's Gazza but because he's the top player doesn't mean he's a good dad or good person to be with, does it really?

"I don't think there's any point in helping him," he says.

He adds: "He's my dad. He should have helped and seen me all these years.

"I don't want to waste all my tears on him. I feel bad and sorry for him because he's in this kind of state but it's not our fault"."

Remember watching that documentary. That kid was crying real tears!!

Great footballer-oh yes!! National treasure-nah!!

That was an absolutely shocking documentary. For many years previous, I'd had precious little time for Mr Gascoigne as a result of the abuse of his missus, but until that programme, I'd never really thought about teh extent of teh distress he'd caused to the kids as well. Shocking bloke, and the fact that his response to that documentary was to blame Channel 4, rather than take it as an enormous wake-up call about how he's hurting EVERYONE around him, just sums the bloke up I'm afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports