Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] gatwick drop-off fee £5

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Reminds me of a an order I made on Gorillas…a grocery home delivery app. It crashed, I eventually paid but then noticed I now had two identical orders. They pride themselves on their speed so it was packed and out for delivery by the time I investigated a cancellation. They were delivered by two separate courier bikes with 2 minutes of each other.
That's annoying. You'd think the restaurant would call and check that

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reminds me of a an order I made on Gorillas…a grocery home delivery app. It crashed, I eventually paid but then noticed I now had two identical orders. They pride themselves on their speed so it was packed and out for delivery by the time I investigated a cancellation. They were delivered by two separate courier bikes with 2 minutes of each other.

It was a Friday order mainly consisting of beers, crisps and chocolate. I’ve had bigger issues.

As part of a an online groceries delivery we ordered 20 bananas (you can do individually). When the crates arrived, there were hundreds of the f@ckers ... each order was for a big bag of bananas. Needless to say we rejected most of them, the driver said he had thought it strange.

A common blunder by the shopper, apparently.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
As part of a an online groceries delivery we ordered 20 bananas (you can do individually). When the crates arrived, there were hundreds of the f@ckers ... each order was for a big bag of bananas. Needless to say we rejected most of them, the driver said he had thought it strange.

I remember my friend's dad doing that many years ago. He thought he was ordering 10 bananas but it ended up being 10kg of bananas. I think I ended up taking a couple of bunches home to my parents.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think I may have invented the home delivery app. Early 80s, I had a flat down New England Road and got home pissed sometime after midnight. I had completely run out of cigarettes and being desperate for one, phoned up Streamline. They sent a cab to Dyke Road Garage, bought a pack of 20 and delivered it to New England Road.

I had a very satisfying cigarette, passed out, and when I came round in the morning, discovered I'd paid £10 (with tip) for a single cigarette. I believe these services may have become more cost efficient since :thumbsup:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed. If only they could be honest about it .... rather than dress it up as "helping the environment" codswallop.
Exactly. They want to make more money and have found another way to do it, that's what big business does. It's the 'greenwashing' that pisses me off: 'Invest in sustainable transport' my arse. This is from people who run a f***ing airport! But like all greenwashing it seems to have conned some people.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember my friend's dad doing that many years ago. He thought he was ordering 10 bananas but it ended up being 10kg of bananas. I think I ended up taking a couple of bunches home to my parents.
The confusion of tech. I remember coming out of The Pond many years ago and hailing a taxi to Brewdog. We arrived at Brewdog and I went to pay but the driver said it was paid for. A bit confused and puzzled, I asked how, he said it was ordered, and now paid for, via an app. This must have been about 10-15 years ago and I hadn’t heard of this, or wasn’t aware of this. Either way, I decided the best course of action was to exit quickly and enter Brewdog.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I once ordered what I thought was 100 sprouts for Christmas Day dinner in my online shopping .... you can guess what turned up ! I love sprouts but THAT many ????

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah but the people there working surely see that there's two exactly the same orders to the same address?
I guess they just take the orders as given…this is Germany remember 😃

May 25, 2023
Croydon
I once ordered what I thought was 100 sprouts for Christmas Day dinner in my online shopping .... you can guess what turned up ! I love sprouts but THAT many ????
Not quite the same, but when living in Almaty, Kazakhstan I went to a market to buy some veg. Not knowing Russian or Kazakh I did a lot of arm waving and hoped I had asked for 6 tomatoes. Then she started weighing, and I didn't have the heart (couldn't be bothered) to explain that I didn't want 6kg of them! Went home via a bar and palmed off some of them to willing locals.
Got a beer or two in return and it still only cost pennies really.
Re Gatwick, definitely make use of the long stay car park as a drop off. 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here