Selected odds for replacement:

Moyes 4/6
Allardyce 4/1
Pardew 5/1
Carvalhal 10/1
Curbishley 16/1
George Burley 16/1
Stam 18/1

The same tired old names. Alan Curbishley's name always but always comes up for some reason despite him not being involved in football management since goodness know when, and as for George Burley, what is his name doing there?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The same tired old names. Alan Curbishley's name always but always comes up for some reason despite him not being involved in football management since goodness know when, and as for George Burley, what is his name doing there?

Surely Pardew should now be considered in the same bracket. Who in their right mind would give him another job in management? And yet they have him at 5/1!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Surely Pardew should now be considered in the same bracket. Who in their right mind would give him another job in management? And yet they have him at 5/1!

All managers careers come to an end at some stage, and I think that stage for just about everyone on that list is . . . right now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Selected odds for replacement:

Moyes 4/6
Allardyce 4/1
Pardew 5/1
Carvalhal 10/1
Curbishley 16/1
George Burley 16/1
Stam 18/1

Curbishley hasnt been in a job for 10 years has he? yet bookies offer odds for every vacancy, who would put money there?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I was quite impressed with what he did at Birmingham but he’s done nothing of note since and I believe he has been managing clubs with decent potential since the Birmingham sacking. Seems he isn’t all that at all.

I can’t help wondering if some of the fallen giants wouldn’t be better off trying to tempt Nathan Jones from Luton.

A fair number or blue noses 'warned' us Rams what to expect, we did the same for Stoke fans, no-one listens to sour grapes from old club's fans do they :)

Exactly, another Gary Monk type, highly rated by themselves and not many others

Oh, Rowett rates himself very very highly!

The fact that his style of football isn't pleasant to the eye, should have made him ideal for Stoke.

Well, they'd enjoyed a change in style hadn't they - For some reason thought that Rowett might continue that. Odd.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A fair number or blue noses 'warned' us Rams what to expect, we did the same for Stoke fans, no-one listens to sour grapes from old club's fans do they :)

Oh, Rowett rates himself very very highly!

Well, they'd enjoyed a change in style hadn't they - For some reason thought that Rowett might continue that. Odd.

Norwich fans tried to warn us about Hughton!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Yes, I’m really sorry that we didn’t listen to those bitter twisted Norwich fans :lolol:

Then again the reaction on here (me included) when they hijacked the Pritchard transfer shows how little football fans actually know.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I was quite impressed with what he did at Birmingham but he’s done nothing of note since and I believe he has been managing clubs with decent potential since the Birmingham sacking. Seems he isn’t all that at all.

I can’t help wondering if some of the fallen giants wouldn’t be better off trying to tempt Nathan Jones from Luton.

Exactly, another Gary Monk type, highly rated by themselves and not many others

Did very well at Burton
Did very well at Birmingham and stupidly sacked.
One season at Derby where they finished in the playoffs
Sacked after 8 months

I wouldn't say he's 'proved' he is rubbish.

It's always interesting to see the view from outside of a club - No doubt he did well at Burton, mixed reactions from Birmingham fans. Take Derby though on the face of it he did well but if you dig deeper...

Finished 6th, not bad, play offs would have been the target.
Style of play - Horrid, turgid.
Squad - He arrived to find a slightly bloated squad generally a little bit on the old side. Came in promising to address that, during the season signed Curtis Davies, Tom Huddlestone, Cameron Jerome, Joe Ledley.

So, by the end of his reign we're in the same division with a bigger, more expensive squad. He's not popular around the staff and media at the club and there's a bit of a downbeat feel around the place. Trust me, when Stoke came waving £2.5m around, there were A LOT of offers of lifts to Stoke :)

Say what you will about Lampard but wage bill going in the direction, balanced transfers and (predictably) fantastic to watch with a much younger team. Chalk and cheese....

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Say what you will about Lampard but wage bill going in the direction, balanced transfers and (predictably) fantastic to watch with a much younger team. Chalk and cheese....

Wouldn't have thought many people had anything bad to say about Fat Frank. From the outside it looks as if he's doing a very decent job in the toughest division in the world. Impressive when you consider it's his first attempt at management.

In the playoffs and in touch with the top two at this stage is a very good achievement. It'll be interesting to see how he does/you do at the business end of the season as that's been your downfall previously. But this season's Championship is there for the taking if any team can get some sort of consistency.

If he can get rid of the "bottlers" tag then he'll have achieved something amazing......

Good luck btw. Would much prefer Derby/Sheffield United/ West Brom to go up instead of Dirty Leeds, Shithole Boro or the Six Fingered Farm crew.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Nathan Jones very much in the frame it seems.

Wouldn't be a good move for him: there's a lot of dead weight at the club and a trigger-happy board with low levels of patience.

He's got a good chance of getting two promotions and that will give him plenty of better opportunities - Stoke is a bit of a poisoned chalice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here