Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Neville part of Hodgson's coaching team

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He's someone who I'm still trying to dislike, but am starting to struggle with it. Good addition I think.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If this had come straight after he left utd, I think a lot of people would be scratching their heads, but he has shown with his punditry to be an intelligent, fair-minded person, with a great understanding of the game. He's also not too far removed from the England team, with some of the players he played with still there, the likes of Lampard, Gerard, Rooney, etc. he could be an important link such as was missing when Hodgson was at Liverpool. I suspect it will be a good appointment. (And I'm someone who hated Neville when he was at Utd, and really wanted to hate him as a pundit).

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Great news for England. Love GNev since his addition to the Sky Sports lineup. Really knows his stuff

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
good call, didnt like him as a playerr, quite like him as a pundit, and think he is england through and through, passionate about the national team.

Apart from when organising a strike.

Good appointment though.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If this had come straight after he left utd, I think a lot of people would be scratching their heads, but he has shown with his punditry to be an intelligent, fair-minded person, with a great understanding of the game. He's also not too far removed from the England team, with some of the players he played with still there, the likes of Lampard, Gerard, Rooney, etc. he could be an important link such as was missing when Hodgson was at Liverpool. I suspect it will be a good appointment. (And I'm someone who hated Neville when he was at Utd, and really wanted to hate him as a pundit).

I would agree with this. Over the last year he has shown that his technical knowledge of the game is fantastic. I am sure he will be an asset to the team. I didn't realise he held his coaching badges though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great call. Without a doubt, in the 8 years I've been following England, the most passionate person to play for England. Up there with Beckham. Reads the game well, and critical of a lot of the practices within the FA (recorded in his book) so should be interesting

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've beginning to like Gary Neville. Stepping into the shoes of Andy Gray on Sky Sports, he has really impressed me. Now he is part of the coaching team for England, is a bloody good move.

Andy Gray is a grade A cu.nt. Anybody who stepped into his shoes would be a massive improvement. Even Andy fcuking Townsend.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Still love the description of Gary Neville by Jaap Stam after he left United - "a busy little c*nt".

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
garth crooks ?? i thought his eyes were going to explode yesterday .

Good point.

Andy Gray is a grade A cu.nt. ALMOST anybody who stepped into his shoes would be a massive improvement. Even Andy fcuking Townsend. Not Garth Crooks, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here