Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Gardner

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Yes, he was shit for us, but he was put in midfield alongside two of the most lightweight players in the entire football league.

He's a talented player and will do much better at forest than he did here.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This embargo on signings is working well

Bit of a joke isn't it but I'm guessing that before he signs they will have to move someone out either permanently or on loan. As long as they are older/earn more, then they're ok under the rules I think.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If the whole FFP plan was all a ruse to lead purely to this moment...

I'd be happy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This embargo on signings is working well
If fairness getting stiffed with Gardner (who against us will score a pile driver from 30 yards) is probably a more severe punishment than any embargo.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
In view of the number of games he played for us this is a surprise we did not go back in form him.
You have to wonder how things may have changed if JFC and him had not missed the Fulham game through illness/injury...
Anyway, it's official he is at Forest for the remainder of the season...

"Gary Gardner will go straight into Nottingham Forest’s squad to face Sheffield Wednesday, after agreeing to join on loan from Aston Villa until the end of the season."

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Gary-Gardner-set-face-Sheffield-Wednesday/story-25832296-detail/story.html

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
[Tweet]553624485862342656[/tweet]

Thank goodness for that.

Yes, he was shit for us, but he was put in midfield alongside two of the most lightweight players in the entire football league.

He's a talented player and will do much better at forest than he did here.

Highly debatable. Never did a lot for Coventry either.

Waste of wages and a loan.

Edit - Apologies Beardy Gull must have inadvertently added your post as well.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
:wave::wave::wave:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I think sometimes we football fans can be a harsh lot but I also think we know how to spot a dud and Gary Gardner was pretty toilet to be fair. A measure of how crap he was is that I was wishing Agustien would get picked instead of him.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Great that so many people can judge him based on playing in terrible Sami sides. He worked hard and scored goals but playing essentially a 2-man midfield he and the team struggled. Show me someone outstanding under Sami.

Just have a look at yourselves and consider if you can be so critical.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Hows that working out Forest?

Goal!
Goal! Nottingham Forest 0, Sheffield Wednesday 2. Chris Maguire (Sheffield Wednesday) left footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom right corner.

47:37Foul by Gary Gardner (Nottingham Forest)

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
90:00 +0:57 Attempt missed. Gary Gardner (Nottingham Forest) left footed shot from outside the box is high and wide to the right following a set piece situation.

Sounds familiar.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Gary Gardner aside, you have to wonder how long Stuart Pearce can remain at Forrest now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here