Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks team of the week

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
You seem quite upset to be posting stats about a drawn game 3 days ago on a rival fans forum, when the thread is simply taking the piss out of Garth Crooks's ineptitude!

Not at all, just thought it was funny taking the piss out of Garth Crooks for not watching the game whilst making a similar assessment of the first half. The suggestion only one team tried to play football tickled me too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Seems you guys weren't actually watching the game either tbf.

Burnley played both fewer total but more accurate long balls than Brighton in both halves. Whilst also playing both more total and more accurate short passes in both halves. More dribbles, more shots, more chances created and so on. In both halves. Don't let the facts get in the way of the narrative though...

View attachment 133608

Nobody has said we were better than Burnley Matt? But take exception to the thug approach which is fair. We were also knackered due to injuries and what we did at Anfield (winning the proper football way) so were a shadow of ourselves. Prob one of a small handful of bad performances this season.

Have you got the stats for the game at the Amex pls - same table?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not at all, just thought it was funny taking the piss out of Garth Crooks for not watching the game whilst making a similar assessment of the first half. The suggestion only one team tried to play football tickled me too.

Pleased to know I baited you in :lol:

You played better than us on the day, dominated the ball and we were tired shadows of ourselves, that’s what allowed you to play the passing you did. Congratulations on your one point :wink:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Burnley played both fewer total but more accurate long balls than Brighton in both halves. Whilst also playing both more total and more accurate short passes in both halves. More dribbles, more shots, more chances created and so on. In both halves. Don't let the facts get in the way of the narrative though...

View attachment 133608

Most of us said in the match thread we were happy with the point and gave you credit.

You played well, but in fairness we very under par and nowhere near our best as well.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Burnley were slightly better and we had an off day for several obvious reasons. Def didn’t play them off park, but a draw was fair really.

I'm not sure Lewis thought it was a fair result when you look at his post match interview. His wry smile said it all when the interviewer put that point to him!

Seemed more than happy with a point.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm not sure Lewis thought it was a fair result when you look at his post match interview. His wry smile said it all when the interviewer put that point to him!

Seemed more than happy with a point.

Good thing "fair" only exists in the human mind and not in reality.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty sure someone who actually hates Crooks is writing this stuff for him, and he's not checking it before it goes out.

'Let's see what crap I can get through the clown this week..........................'

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Pretty sure no-one is disagreeing with Burnley being the better side on the day, especially second half. Our performance wasn't great and in the end I was happy with the point as almost everyone has said. I don't think it's unfair to mention Barnes smashing into our keeper twice WAY after the ball was collected, or the couple of sly elbows on Mac Allister though. I don't think it cost us a win, but it's a valid talking point on a Brighton fans forum.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I like it when he learns a new word. There were a couple of months a while back he couldn't write a paragraph without putting 'ostensibly' in it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

It’s this lockdown isn’t it Matt ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I like it when he learns a new word. There were a couple of months a while back he couldn't write a paragraph without putting 'ostensibly' in it.

He reminds me of a fat bloated venomous toad.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[MENTION=33670]ClaretMatt[/MENTION] - don’t forget to post the same stats from the Amex game pls - the one we also drew...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here