Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks/Team of the Week

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rodrigo was Citeh's worst player vs West Ham and was struggling to keep up in the first half. What is Shearer thinking, and how could he have omitted Ndombele who was awesome for Spurs?! Crooks omitting Barnes is a joke too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The praise that GP has gotten has been almost unprecedented (and maybe a bit carried away, full credit to GP and the team, everything shows he is a really promising manager, but ffs he's had one really good game against a piss poor side in the first week, I want to see how he deals with a few top 6 and some of our rivals before we get a real picture of what he's like). I've even heard some Chelsea fans saying that they should go after him if FF gets the sack.

Deffo.

Whereas he should be praised for making TSB take a little NSC holiday.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Ryan, Dunk and Connolly all quite rightly make his team of the week but it was this line that caught my attention...

‘This game could have finished 4-4 had it not been for the brilliance of Matthew Ryan’

Did anyone else come away from the match on Saturday thinking the same? I know I didn’t :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ryan, Dunk and Connolly all quite rightly make his team of the week but it was this line that caught my attention...

‘This game could have finished 4-4 had it not been for the brilliance of Matthew Ryan’

Did anyone else come away from the match on Saturday thinking the same? I know I didn’t :shrug:

**** me!

There were two or three good saves from Ryan but Spurs only threatened once we were 3-0 up and had long won the game. No chance of them scoring let alone getting a point out of the match!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

What a clueless imbecile.

Him, not you.

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017

What, with 3 shots on target?

screenshot_2019-10-07-074552.png

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The other statement that jumped out at me was:

I have begged Wolves to ditch the Europa League for fear of a team with limited resources struggling in the Premier League.

It makes it sound like he’s actually advising Wolves directly on what to do. Also I’m not sure Wolves are a team with limited resources.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Ryan made two good saves, the second one low down was exceptional, almost the same as the Burnley goal (though that swung away from him).

Perhaps [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] is right and he’s recapturing his form.

I would be staggered if there was a better midfield performance anywhere than Stephens over the weekend (that includes the new Newcastle youngsters).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
amazing that Ryan gets credit for a save from Harry Kane . . . . he didn't have a shot on target and Lewis Dunk cleared the only one that was close, the only other shot I can think of got blazed over the bar.

I'm surprised Mooy didn't get in the team of the week TBH, but what do we know.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's almost as if Garth Crooks is a bit of a Spurs fan.
4e774a56586b248f54ab7c179ccda24f.jpg

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Ryan: As bad as Tottenham were against Brighton, this game could have finished 4-4 had it not been for the brilliance of Mathew Ryan. Two wonderful saves from Lucas Moura, one from Erik Lamela and another from Harry Kane put Spurs firmly in their place.

The longer the game went on the more confident Ryan became. This was a first-class performance from the Brighton keeper.

Did you know? Ryan made three saves against Spurs, registering a clean sheet against the Lilywhites for the first time in his Premier League career.

If he was on here I'd have him on ignore.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has Jack Grealish in his team of the week....eh? One good finish but did he do much apart from that?

I was listening to 5Live on the way to the game, they banged on about Villa for a good 5 mins. I don’t think they even mentioned us apart from the fact that Villa were playing us. Proper Grealish wankfest from the pundits too!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was listening to 5Live on the way to the game, they banged on about Villa for a good 5 mins. I don’t think they even mentioned us apart from the fact that Villa were playing us. Proper Grealish wankfest from the pundits too!

Likewise ..found that irritating to say the least ..Micah Richards was one of them ..the current media favourite ..you and i know as much as him

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Has Jack Grealish in his team of the week....eh? One good finish but did he do much apart from that?

Baffled by the media creaming over his goal it was just a half decent finish from 7/8 yards and really wasn’t anything special, thought alzate done brilliantly with him all game that was literally all he did and sky sports gave him an 8 and man of the match!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Baffled by the media creaming over his goal it was just a half decent finish from 7/8 yards and really wasn’t anything special, thought alzate done brilliantly with him all game that was literally all he did and sky sports gave him an 8 and man of the match!

His positioning for the goal and the pass through to him were splendid. The finish itself relatively pedestrian.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I thought it was a good goal by a top player. Villa would be adrift at the bottom without him. They are the definition of a one man team.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought it was a good goal by a top player. Villa would be adrift at the bottom without him. They are the definition of a one man team.

I don’t think most would deny it..although he is a petulant bugger....it’s the inclusion by GC I his team of the week on that performance and a “sensational” finish

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Presumably they beat Palace to this title as Zaha needs Milivojević to take the penalties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here