Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garry Birtles

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I remember him being an absolutely dreadful pundit years ago when we were in the EFL. How the weirdo is still getting tv jobs in 2023 is a mystery.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To think Peter Ward was a make-weight in the deal that took Birtles to ManU (and Ritchie from ManU to Brighton) - one of Brian Clough's finest ever con jobs - he cleared £850K (a decent sum of money back then, in the days when Trevor Francis was the first £1M pound player) on the deal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Biased tosser. Ours wasn’t a pen as Pedro ‘was never getting to it’. Theirs was a clear pen (forgot to mention their player was never getting to it!). Dreadful.
Also, it’s utter nonsense. By that logic you could run around tripping people up and rugby tackling them off the ball 🤣

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
He was bad. 'I know I’m an ex-Forest player but that was never a penalty for Brighton'. 'I know I’m an ex-Forest player but that was definitely a penalty for Forest'. I know I’m an ex-Forest player but they deserve something from this game'. Blah blah.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Miserable fucker did everything he could to make the game unenjoyable for everyone today. When he came up with that nonsense "It's not just because I'm an ex-Forest player..." when my eyes nearly rolled so far into the back of my head I could see out my arsehole. Thing is, I'm not sure you'd even have enjoyed listening to him as a Forest fan much either. He was a grumpy little cretin who I can only imagine lives in his own filth most days, his old satin-feel Forest shorts showing off his flabby, wasting legs, surrounded by disintegrating pictures of himself torn from pages of old Match magazine pinned on the wall of his scabby little den, whilst he mumbles to himself about why nobody and nothing is good enough these days. Absolute life o fthe party that guy, and it will be a pleasure if I never hear his voice again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That was the most bizarre comment of them all. Since when has a foul in the box only been given if it was near the ball?
He said it repeatedly as well. Surprised the commentator just let him keep saying it.

Mar 15, 2009
Brighton
Disgraceful from Brighton, what they’re doing out there, Forest players just got on with the penalty deco against them, Brighton players are doing everything they can to disrupt the game. Thanks for the well balanced commentary Double R Garry

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
He started off by going on about De Zerbi making so many changes every week and he shouldn’t be making the excuse of keeping players fresh as we are so early on in the season - he then basically was telling De Zerbi how to do his job by saying stick with the same eleven as players as much as you can as players shouldn’t need rest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here