Garlic olives

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
Absolutely my favourite treat....when they are available. I used to buy them (loose,not prepacked) in almost industrial quantities from the Taj in Western Road,but they stopped selling them a year or two ago.Waitrose sometimes have them,but not today when I slithered by.

Does anyone know of a reliable and regular source for these? Pitted green olives with a garlic clove wedged in,sold from buckets,around Brighton or Hove?

Thanx!!!!

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
Thanks,but not the pre-bottled ones....the inserts or flesh can sometimes be too mushy....prefer the fresher,crispier ones in a herby oily liquid where you can try a few prior to loading into a container.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Tescos too. I prefer the large green olives in herbs. My 5 year old daughter is addicted to them!

Yeah, this - Tescos do a nice line in olives and that that you can scoop into tubs in any mixture you like :thumbsup:

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
Brilliant....I'll march to the store by Sackville Road...half an hour walk but well worth it.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The food market off North Road on Saturdays near Infinity Foods usually has a good olive stall with garlic ones and all sorts.

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
Done and dusted! Filled a couple of containers (the small plastic ones of course,not the freightliner ones) and skipped home with a smile on my face! Thanx again for a good heads-up on here. Each pot holds about forty,so should be ok til next weekend if I ration myself to ten a day.....

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
garlic olives, sunblushed/sundried tomatoes, roasted onion humous and ciabata bread with oil and balsamic vinegar.

my idea of food heaven

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
Roasted onion humous,eh? Gotta say,I've never heard of that before.No point starting a new thread though as to where to buy it,as Tesco probably have it (that store down Church Road is huge....do people need that much choice? There are hundreds of thousands of combinations of fat-laden goodies there that will clog your arteries in a jiffy! A strange way to commit suicide.) I'll put it on my next shopping list.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Absolutely my favourite treat....when they are available. I used to buy them (loose,not prepacked) in almost industrial quantities from the Taj in Western Road,but they stopped selling them a year or two ago.Waitrose sometimes have them,but not today when I slithered by.

Does anyone know of a reliable and regular source for these? Pitted green olives with a garlic clove wedged in,sold from buckets,around Brighton or Hove?

Thanx!!!!

new england street sainos deli counter. the best in brighton. trust.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports