Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gareth Bale

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is Bale the worst contract in the history of football £600k a week and not even in the teams plans

Depressingly, this is really what teams like Brighton are up against. Insanity.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hats off to Gareth if reports are right and he has agreed a 50% pay cut. £13m per year isn’t much for a man used to getting double that, I’m sure he’ll be ok though.

Hang on - I don't think a pay cut for him is even in the equation. RM and Spuds will just split his wages 50/50.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Living in Wales, I’ve been able to go and watch him quite a few times. He’s still quite fast and quite skilful but what makes him different is that he tries unexpected things, mostly it doesn’t come off but that doesn’t seem to worry him he just keeps going with the flicks and reverse passes and gambling where he might receive a pass and usually (for Wales) he’ll create or score a goal because of it. He’s got the confidence to fail and try again....I look at someone like Solly and wish he had Bales confidence, because he could do it too. It’s frustrating.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Living in Wales, I’ve been able to go and watch him quite a few times. He’s still quite fast and quite skilful but what makes him different is that he tries unexpected things, mostly it doesn’t come off but that doesn’t seem to worry him he just keeps going with the flicks and reverse passes and gambling where he might receive a pass and usually (for Wales) he’ll create or score a goal because of it. He’s got the confidence to fail and try again....I look at someone like Solly and wish he had Bales confidence, because he could do it too. It’s frustrating.

I've got a feeling this could be Solly's breakthrough season similar to that season when Bale was almost loaned out to Forest by Spurs but then he had that one brilliant performance and then it all changed. Playing March at LWB could be the answer.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Depressingly, this is really what teams like Brighton are up against. Insanity.

“If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best.....blah blah”

Depressing on one hand, terrifying on the other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here