Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I will endeavour to take a better picture when I return to the spot on Wednesday, it's absolutely everywhere on site and I was thinking of using it as coverage for a large rockery I'm building for somebody.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Spring has hit the bottom of my garden, time to give this thread a bounce :thumbsup:

srping1.jpg

spring3.jpg

Last edited:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Hello - a relative gave me a cutting about six months ago. I forgot all about it for a few weeks and left it on a shelf, then popped it in a pot just in case, and miraculously it has grown. Does anyone know what it is and what i should do with it? It's very floppy and can't hold its own weight so is propped against a window at the minute.

IMG_5932.jpg

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
It's a Plectranthus (unless they've changed its name) and usually a trailing plant. It's almost bomb-proof.
If you remove a stem or leaf and rub the open wound onto your hand, it turns orange.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hello - a relative gave me a cutting about six months ago. I forgot all about it for a few weeks and left it on a shelf, then popped it in a pot just in case, and miraculously it has grown. Does anyone know what it is and what i should do with it? It's very floppy and can't hold its own weight so is propped against a window at the minute.

View attachment 158301
Hmmm interesting, is it likely to burst into colour?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Felt very much like spring today in Dorset

Attachments

• 20230314_133210.jpg
    20230314_133210.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 43

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
It's a Plectranthus (unless they've changed its name) and usually a trailing plant. It's almost bomb-proof.
If you remove a stem or leaf and rub the open wound onto your hand, it turns orange.
Great, thank you. What should I do with it?! Pop it in a bigger pot outside when it warms up, or should it go in a border?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can anyone tell me, please, where I might be able to buy bare-rooted hawthorn plants in the Brighton area?
Sorry its not local…..but out Pulborough way i buy from these….i think they do delivery …but unless buying in bulk i imagine that wont be cost effective….its a nice drive though

PS ..not sure if you’ve missed the season

If you dont mind online …i do use these (prefer quality of above)

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Sorry its not local…..but out Pulborough way i buy from these….i think they do delivery …but unless buying in bulk i imagine that wont be cost effective….its a nice drive though

PS ..not sure if you’ve missed the season

If you dont mind online …i do use these (prefer quality of above)

Thanks so much. I was afraid I might be too late, but I'll try!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here